Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ok so august 1, 2018 is the date i will finally grab a evo x MR or ralliart,

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so august 1, 2018 is the date i will finally grab a evo x MR or ralliart,

I would like some assistance....my lease on my 2015 altima will but up on that date, and thats the date i am gonna buy 1 or the other....

I am perfectly fine with either a ralliart or evo x, hp goal is only around 300 bhp... here is a list of things..

Benefit to buying either a ralliart or evo x in 2018 will be the prices will be cheaper...

Ok here goes:

1. There are no Mitsubishi dealers within 100 miles of greater cincinnati, so basically i would be purchasing from carmax due to warranty stuff (Tranny)

2. We do get snow here, so that acd pump issue, is there a work around that, or do i have to keep spraying underneath it?

3. Comfort... how is the daily comfort in a MR? I have only test drove it twice, and neither was a inner city road one...both were on the highway...

4. Maintenance, i imagine the ralliart will be cheaper on this, but have the prices come down on evo parts?

5. I dont race, however i do go to edgewater (locals know about it)

6. Insurance is like 191 - 225 a month on a evo x mr from 2010-2015.. and 98 -140 on a ralliart

7. I have seen and text drove the new wrx, and i do like them and eeems like wrx is a obvious choice of a ralliart...however i favor the look of the lancer better and i am fascinated by the sst.. the cvt was fair but eh... i also like the push button start, can the evo or ralliart doors lock while the car is running? Like for winter warming?

Thats about it, i am gonna get a blue or black one.. and so far it seems that carmax is a way to get a low milage version..

Any knowledge would be great... i am aware of the work ams does, as well as cobb.. i seen the tactix cable but i prefer to use cobb as its easier to reset.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I have one of each. The Ralliart is a great DD but my Evo is so much nicer to drive in any sort of sporting fashion.
1. Carmax warranty is awesome. Worth every penny just for the possible SST or ACD pump
2. You can get a relocation kit that moves the pump into the trunk. Otherwise it's a replace/rebuild scenario. You can also pull the pump down and try to seal all of the joints on the pump so that they don't let moisture in. But the trunk relocation is best.
3. The MR is fine for comfort. If you get the Recaros, just make sure they fit your body type. Bigger guys have more issues with them.
4. They're going to be pretty much the same.
5. ok
6. Cheaper insurance is nice
7. It is all a matter of preference, isn't it?

As for other knowledge, just read up on the forums. There's a ton here to learn about. There's even an SST subform to spend some time in.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by splattj
I have one of each. The Ralliart is a great DD but my Evo is so much nicer to drive in any sort of sporting fashion.
1. Carmax warranty is awesome. Worth every penny just for the possible SST or ACD pump
2. You can get a relocation kit that moves the pump into the trunk. Otherwise it's a replace/rebuild scenario. You can also pull the pump down and try to seal all of the joints on the pump so that they don't let moisture in. But the trunk relocation is best.
3. The MR is fine for comfort. If you get the Recaros, just make sure they fit your body type. Bigger guys have more issues with them.
4. They're going to be pretty much the same.
5. ok
6. Cheaper insurance is nice
7. It is all a matter of preference, isn't it?

As for other knowledge, just read up on the forums. There's a ton here to learn about. There's even an SST subform to spend some time in.
Ok cool, well its more or less gonna come down to car payment vs insurance... i figure if i can find a evo x then around 27k a have payment around 4 something then the evo x is highly possible.... but at the sametime if i find a low mile ralliart for around 20k its gonna be based on preference.. my daughter will be 5 by then so trunk space maynot be issue...

I can fit in a evo just fine....but it may restrict to passengers tho...

My credit is fair and i dont think it will be that much higher by then so im looking at around a 600 or more rating by that time.. currently building it now from 540... managed to get a brand new altima no money down and a negative trade in.. payment is nice and high but at least in 2 more years ill be free of a car i dont want and can get what i do want
Old Jul 18, 2016, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
1.Carmax usually overprices there cars
2.acd pump is covered under a 10yr warranty from Mitsu. SST is also covered for a long time anyways also any mods and the warranty is void on the SST ne ways
3.MR is good for a daily but don't forget it has clutch packs so its not like a normal auto.
4.If your worried about Maintenance cost then don't get the car...they can be a bit high
Just get an X the rally art is not the same car...
Old Jul 18, 2016, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
1.Carmax usually overprices there cars.
Here is a pricing breakdown as of today..

Cars.com within 250 miles

2014 MR - $34k with 27k miles
2014 MR - $31k with 49k miles
2012 MR - $26k with 61k miles
2010 MR - $26k with 34k miles

And some guy selling his 400hp ams 2010 with titanium exhaust for 23k with 96k miles but will sell for 18k if need to

Carmax - any diatance

2011 MR- $29k with 46k miles
2011 MR - $27k with 40k miles
2015 MR - $34k with 4k miles
2014 MR - $31k with 23k miles

So pricing doesnt seem all that different altho carmax seems better... granted you can prob talk down actual dealers
Old Jul 18, 2016, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You don't want a MR. The trans is not what you want around town. It's hard on them to creep up and it kills them if you roll back in drive. It's also nearly a 11 year old design gearbox, in twin clutch systems that's a lifetime.

I assume you are waiting due to price, save up find a base model GSR new and take care of it, stock!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 05:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why the preference of an auto?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by kqodprez
Why the preference of an auto?
Tons of city driving and easier for family to drive and girl
Old Jul 19, 2016, 09:33 AM

In retrospect i realize that this thread is 2 years to early but i am serious about these 2 cars, so perhaps ill revisit this july 2018 to see any there are any changes
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Good call.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get the stick. I have to drive a stick through traffic all the time and if you know how to drive stick well you'd preserve the transmission longer because you can control what it does at low speeds better than any auto trans without the worry of blowing it up.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:03 PM

I second the vote for stickshift. I DD drive it through backroads, highway, and a fair amount of traffic. Its not too unyielding, and doesn't make your commute as painful as some manual transmissions.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:21 PM

2015 evo seats are essentially ralliart seats ..are they that bad in a evo?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:42 PM

I have the cloth ones in the FE and I think they're quite good. They don't have the bolstering of the recaros but that's my only complaint.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I daily my GSR and city driving is a pain in the *** especially with traffic. Sometimes it takes me a over a hour to get home and I'm only 30 minutes away. If you dont mind driving stick in traffic and dealing with that headache then by all means buy the GSR. I recommend getting a MR but that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Ok so august 1, 2018 is the date i will finally grab a evo x MR or ralliart,