Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My thoughts on my new Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My thoughts on my new Evo X

I came from a family of V6 which are G35 coupe and my most recent car before my evo was my 08 350z HR. I have to admit one thing I miss about the Z & G which was the imidiate power you get when the gas is pressed. When I went to look at the Evo, I was not allow to test drive it which sucked. I never got to drive her till the day I brought her home. First impression was not what I expected. I was expecting to be put way back into my seat but the power wise when boost comes on would be comparable to the Z. Even after all of that, I never regretted getting my Evo. The handling, the power when boost is on, the aggressive look, the Awd plus it's A SEDAN!!!!!! I was a sceptic thinking a four door sedan would never outperform a coupe and boy was I wrong. I'm loving every bit of the Evo X. I have plans for her already with the already installed Ultimate Racing Catback with mini muffler. In all the Evo is by far the best car I ever owned and I'm proud to be an owner of this last of a kind beast.

Pic of my Z and G

Pic of my evo

Last edited by joonvang; Aug 5, 2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Great color. The car doesn't come alive till you get it tuned.
The following users liked this post:
migs647 (Aug 5, 2016)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 04:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
What's the point of purchasing from a dealership if you can't test drive the car??

I thought the whole reason why the archaic business practice of dealerships was so you can "TEST DRIVE YOUR CAR!!" before you buy it?

Fortunately it worked out for you in the end but that's something I'd seriously complain about or would just buy from another dealership.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KRome
What's the point of purchasing from a dealership if you can't test drive the car??

I thought the whole reason why the archaic business practice of dealerships was so you can "TEST DRIVE YOUR CAR!!" before you buy it?

Fortunately it worked out for you in the end but that's something I'd seriously complain about or would just buy from another dealership.
Yea I thought it was dumb of them even though I get where they're coming from. I only asked to test drive the used evo on the lot, not even the new ones but Yea I knew what I wanted
Old Aug 5, 2016, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDZNate
Great color. The car doesn't come alive till you get it tuned.
thanks. I had a hard time deciding my color choice which were either white, red or black. for obvious reason I did indeed go with rally red. I want to tune it bad but don't want to void the warranty this early so I'm waiting for her to hit at least 10k miles first to make sure nothing is wrong.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Yea like JDZ said above, just getting a tune with basic parts is a complete night and day difference. I got mine around 6k and don't regret it one bit.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most dealerships wont let you test drive. Pretty standard procedure on the Evo. I wasn't allowed to test drive either unless I put $1000 down.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:58 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by VDubJCabe
Most dealerships wont let you test drive. Pretty standard procedure on the Evo. I wasn't allowed to test drive either unless I put $1000 down.

I think it's more them than it is some sort of rule. I don't have anything to base this off or knowledge of it but I feel they did you wrong on that part. They only way I think it would have been OK was if they gave you a return policy if you were un-happy with the car.

This was my experience showing up at the dealer:

I asked to test drive my Evo and all I did was show up with $0 and my word that I had a credit draft. I never once showed them how much I was approved for.

I showed up in a Pikachu shirt and shorts. I probably looked the most grown man-child ever and I was still allowed to test drive.

They can't discriminate how you look because they'll never know which customer they'll lose and **** off. That's not good business practice to base test drives off how much money you have or how you look to them.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VDubJCabe
WTF? Where?

I test drove 3 New evos at the dealer where i bought mine. All brand new.

Your dealer sucks.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
These are not Ferrari's, any mitsu dealer that will not allow a test drive is on drugs. For christ's sake there are a TON of 15's brand new just sitting on lots and this is over mid way through 2016.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Great color and congrats!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
I think it's more them than it is some sort of rule. I don't have anything to base this off or knowledge of it but I feel they did you wrong on that part. They only way I think it would have been OK was if they gave you a return policy if you were un-happy with the car.

This was my experience showing up at the dealer:

I asked to test drive my Evo and all I did was show up with $0 and my word that I had a credit draft. I never once showed them how much I was approved for.

I showed up in a Pikachu shirt and shorts. I probably looked the most grown man-child ever and I was still allowed to test drive.

They can't discriminate how you look because they'll never know which customer they'll lose and **** off. That's not good business practice to base test drives off how much money you have or how you look to them.
Evolution X buyers know what they want. It's a smaller crowd everyday so even though production is at an end, I think patient buyers will win out.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by nvmaddog
These are not Ferrari's, any mitsu dealer that will not allow a test drive is on drugs. For christ's sake there are a TON of 15's brand new just sitting on lots and this is over mid way through 2016.

When do you think most of the 2015 final editions will be gone? February 2017?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 04:31 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Grats on the new X, glad you like it!

The non-test drive is a dealer to dealer policy. But usually they allow it once you agree on the price and are approved but before you sign. That way if you don't like the car you don't buy it. That is how it works at the exotic car dealerships. Get all the haggling out of the way, then you get to drive it. If you like it, it's yours. If not, then you don't sign.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
Grats on the new X, glad you like it!

The non-test drive is a dealer to dealer policy. But usually they allow it once you agree on the price and are approved but before you sign. That way if you don't like the car you don't buy it. That is how it works at the exotic car dealerships. Get all the haggling out of the way, then you get to drive it. If you like it, it's yours. If not, then you don't sign.

Dealership I bought mine at tried this. I whipped out my badge and they trembled in fear as they handed me the keys.

Quick Reply: My thoughts on my new Evo X