Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any AC Repair Shop Recs for North Houston?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any AC Repair Shop Recs for North Houston?

First and foremost I want to give my official hello to the Evolutionm forum. I always enjoy reading about what people are doing to their cars and the .02 that follows. Anywho... I have a 2014 EVO X MR with 61K miles on it. I love the car greatly but I am facing an A/C issue and am very bad at troubleshooting.

Issue-A/C blowing hot air

So I think(but cant tell) it looks like the A/C compressor clutch is not engaging. I bought a can of R-134 followed the instructions(thinking maybe it could just be extremely low on R134) and the gauge was in the green when the trigger was pulled.

Could the relay be bad?

since I am not feeling confident in my brief testing, I think I would rather have a shop do the diagnosis and fix the issue. Any recommendations for AC shops in North Houston?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 08:46 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Wish I knew the area to answer that. Kozmic tuning is there and they know Evos really well. Not sure what their repair shop is right but at a minimum they can point you in the right direction.
The following users liked this post:
Helios (Jul 27, 2017)
Old Feb 15, 2018, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC repair shop will point them the right direction because they are specialized in figuring out those issues with air conditioning units. So visiting them is a good way to resolve this problem.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Connect a test light to ground and with the car running and a/c on probe the wire on the compressor going to the clutch. If it lights up and the clutch is no engaged then your it is bad, and if it does not light up then check fuse. If fuse is good then possible relay or improper charge.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
Wish I knew the area to answer that. Kozmic tuning is there and they know Evos really well. Not sure what their repair shop is right but at a minimum they can point you in the right direction.
Kozmic is the ****, if anyone knows an EVO, especially an MR, they do.