Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How much should I list my Evo for?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Admin Delete

Thanks

Last edited by Taylormayne; Sep 15, 2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 07:56 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
MSRP brand new was like what 35k? now its 3 years old with 32k miles on it, modified and maybe some mechanical issues. Im thinking you will be lucky to get 26k for it. Just my .02
Old Sep 14, 2017, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
MSRP brand new was like what 35k? now its 3 years old with 32k miles on it, modified and maybe some mechanical issues. Im thinking you will be lucky to get 26k for it. Just my .02
Lucky to get $26k? People are selling their 2008-2012's, with more miles, for $26k and more. Not to mention, 2003's to 2006's are being sold at twice their book value, and still selling. I don't feel like that's even realistic. Maybe if you go by KBB private sell, that'd be close. I rarely see these cars posted for bottom dollar KBB values. Prior opinions on the Evo X pages on Facebook, were saying $30-31k.

Modded with mechanical issues.. The car is bone dead stock aside from the intake. I wouldn't really say it's modified. As for the upper strut mount, that's the only issue with the car and is a cheap simple fix.

Thanks for your opinion, though I think a bit short.

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2017, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car has been modified and has 32k miles. $26-28k is more realistic.

I'm about to sell my stock '15 MR with 9k miles and was thinking I would ask $31-32k for it privately. I actually think I'm going to save myself the hassle and will end up selling it to a dealer.

There isn't a huge demand for these cars on the used market in that price range when there are deals to be had on new models still sitting on the lot.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
you asked for a reasonable price, i think what is mentioned is reasonable. You also cannot compare what the 8/9s sell for vs the Xs. There is a huge supply of clean Xs out there, almost no clean 8/9s.

::sorry, i see you have an FS thread up for the car with the pictures required. GLWS
Old Sep 14, 2017, 07:05 AM

aftermarket wheels, no TPMS, lowering springs, Intake = modified. Maybe if your looking at things from inside the evo bubble it doesn't seem so relatively speaking, but in the broader car world it would certainly be considered so. Throw in 32k miles and 3 years old. $35k is MSRP, anyone with negotiating skills should be able to get below MSRP. So really what your asking is a couple grand below what a brand new 0 miles unmodified evo would have cost. Then consider that people can't get as good an interest rate with financing on a used car as a new one, and your basically asking MSRP after thats taken into account.

If its such a cheap simple fix you should do it before trying to sell it.

Im not saying its impossible to get more, or what your asking, but you came here wondering why you weren't getting much interest and im just listing out the things that are tingling my jewy senses.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Sep 14, 2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Gonna have to agree with folks above.

Watching a car like this depreciate is a hard pill to swallow, but that's just the way it is. Mitsubishi screwed everyone that bought an X by flooding the market. My well kept '14 GSR with 63k values in lower than a base model civic.

-asher
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Too expensive... 26k was being generous. The cost of insurance alone will keep you from getting that price IMHO. I'll buy a new car for 31k not a used Evo, unless it truly is a super clean 8 or 9. Good luck man...
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Taylormayne
Hello all,

I currently have a listing of my Evo on the classifieds here, Craigslist, as well as Facebook.

I am a bit surprised with the lack of interest in the car. I have had a few hit me up about it, but not as many as I thought would have. So, am I asking too much for the car? What do you guys think I should be listing it for?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Here is the link to the listing on Craigslist:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/c...288592343.html
Honestly, and I mean this sincerely, you need to be selling that for around 25,500. 31k for a 2014 GSR is ludicrous high and nobody could even get financing for it at that level. You'd be LUCKY like winning the lottery luck to get 26500 for it.

Seriously.

You don't even have the sight and sound package (leather / Xenon headlights or RockFord Fosgate stereo)

You are also lacking good pictures of anything. You need good quality high resolution pictures DURING THE DAY of the car, all sides of it, and the interior.

You have a lot of issues with the sale of your car, primarily the price, but the pictures are horrible man, come on now...
Old Sep 14, 2017, 02:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it's going to be a few more years of depreciation before the Evo X's start to hold their value.

There's still a handful of new ones for sale and a lot of lightly used ones on the market.

If you want top dollar, try to hold out for as long as you can. And keep the car stock and the mileage low.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 03:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Your car is worth at least 28k.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by GeminiEvo
Your car is worth at least 28k.
I didn't expect this slamming from everyone lmao.. However, you are the only one here that I agree with. I guess I just don't get why people are selling their older 2008-2012 Evo's, with higher miles, for more than $25k like they are mentioning above. Not to mention a majority of them are FBO cars without the proper work to be reliable, that without a doubt have more wear on them

Dropping to $29k..
Old Sep 14, 2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Honestly, and I mean this sincerely, you need to be selling that for around 25,500. 31k for a 2014 GSR is ludicrous high and nobody could even get financing for it at that level. You'd be LUCKY like winning the lottery luck to get 26500 for it.

Seriously.

You don't even have the sight and sound package (leather / Xenon headlights or RockFord Fosgate stereo)

You are also lacking good pictures of anything. You need good quality high resolution pictures DURING THE DAY of the car, all sides of it, and the interior.

You have a lot of issues with the sale of your car, primarily the price, but the pictures are horrible man, come on now...
I disagree.

All that typing, and the biggest thing is the pictures lol.

If you don't like the pictures, ask for more. I have the car posted in a bunch of places and all of which have different pictures. If you would like to bring some fancy camera down here to take pictures, I'm okay with that. Whatever makes you happy baby girl
Old Sep 14, 2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema

Seriously.

Here is a link to the classifieds on here.. I don't feel these pictures are THAT awful.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ked-white.html
Old Sep 14, 2017, 04:39 PM

Nobody is slamming you. This is business not personal. All I see is people giving you advise, nobody has insulted you. I get this feedback isn't what you were expecting, but this isn't some kind of safe space lol.

Quick Reply: How much should I list my Evo for?