Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Parking brake is toast

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking brake is toast

I haven't taken the wheels and rotors off yet to see how it's set up. Can I install something like ebc blue's for my hand brake?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I won't even ask what you've been doing to the poor car. As far as I can tell, they only have OE equivalent shoes for the parking brake drum set up.

The following 2 users liked this post by splattj:
Adrenolin (Nov 5, 2017), migs647 (Nov 5, 2017)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would you want to upgrade the parking brake shoes? I’m assuming they are toast because you’ve been operating it with the vehicle moving, which as you probably aware of is a very bad idea considering our vehicles are all wheel drive?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ►EvolutionX◄
Why would you want to upgrade the parking brake shoes? I’m assuming they are toast because you’ve been operating it with the vehicle moving, which as you probably aware of is a very bad idea considering our vehicles are all wheel drive?
Ya, my brakes failed and I had to use the hand brake a few days to get back and forth to work. Let's go on a limb and say I'm a complete dumbass, why is it bad for our vehicles if we are in motion, but don't have our foot on the accelerator?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are only using it to slow down it’s no big deal, I was assuming you were ripping on it while driving, which would put a whole lot of stress on your drivetrain. But never mind that, once your brakes are being used how they should you won’t have any more problems. Goes without saying your parking brake shoes are not designed to be used as you are using them, and will not hold up regardless of what material you put in there, let alone the safety implications which you pointed out in your response
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Adrenolin
I haven't taken the wheels and rotors off yet to see how it's set up. Can I install something like ebc blue's for my hand brake?
This is an awesome post.