Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Truck backed into my bumper

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck backed into my bumper

Hey guys,

Yesterday a truck backed into my rear bumper, luckily it wasn't too bad. Took off some paint and scratched the plastic of the top part of the bumper and a little dent on the lower lip of the trunk lid. I'm not going to bother with fixing the dent but the scuffed paint and scratched bumper doesn't look too good. Since the scratch is on the top part of the bumper I'm trying to find those rear bumper Sill plates, carbon fiber or chrome, I Googled it but I'm not getting any hits. Does anyone know where I can get one? I can't afford to repaint my bumper so that is out of the question.

Thanks!

Terry
Old Aug 29, 2018, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
There are some pre-cut, and a ton of "universal" vinyl/rubber appliques on eBay for the 2008+ lancer available on eBay.

The OEM style molded pieces I'm only seeing for base model Lancers.

A DIY repaint of a bumper cover might be something worth attempting. A little plastic filler, a lot of sanding and patience, and some good aerosol 2K color matched spray cans could get the job done pretty affordably. If you do all the prep work and pull the bumper cover off, a local paint shop will typically spray the part for pretty cheap.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Splattj! I'll give the DIY repaint a try. The scratch itself isn't too big, it's about the size of a double mint stick of gum.