Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car won’t start (no fuel)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car won’t start (no fuel)

The car sat for a month or so and when I went to start it, it would crank but not start. So I checked spark, getting spark. Checked fuel, no fuel coming from the pump. So I replaced fuel pump with a DW65 drop in. Still no fuel. I hardwired the old fuel pump to the battery and it worked just fine, so I didn’t even need to replace the fuel pump. I’ve gone through all the regular fuses and even swapped around the relays and still not getting fuel. I thought maybe the ecu got locked up so I reflashed on the last known good tune. Still nothing. I’m exhausting almost all my options, all I can think of left is maybe to try and replace the crank position sensor. Anyone else run into these codes and have no start up?
The car is a 2010 X SE with SST trans
I’m getting codes from evoscan P0725 P1870 P1871 U0100
Old Nov 4, 2018, 05:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Those codes point to a problem with the power train control module. Suggest you take it in to the dealer to get it diagnosed and possibly repaired under the power train warranty.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Those lcodes are super common on SST cars after a reflash. Clear your codes and see what comes back.

Does the pump prime when you put the ignition to "run" before you start it?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 03:20 PM

So I finally figured it out.

The codes were from when I tried flashing on a tune but it didn’t work. I think the ECU was previously locked from maybe being married to an Accessport. So I benched the ECU and got it back up again but I guess you have to clear the codes after through ecuflash after you’ve downloaded your rom to the car.

The no fuel issue ended up being the main plug on the fuel pump hanger, the two bottom posts are the pos and neg for the fuel pump. The one post actually burnt up and melted on the hanger side. I unplugged the hanger and then unplugged the pump and found that the hanger had fried.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 03:21 PM