Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Taking 7 Yr Old Evo to a Nor Cal Dealer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Taking 7 Yr Old Evo to a Nor Cal Dealer

I've been dealing with intermittent ASC & 4DW system service required gremlins for over year. I'm thinking of taking it back to Concord Mitsubishi, which is where I had my first Evo (also a 2011) serviced for the first couple of years. Has anyone out there had any bad experiences with Concord recently? Any other recommendations? I'm open to about anything in Northern California.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Here's my post from last year on the AYC Pump thread.
Originally Posted by GotKT?
Year: 2011
Bought used 12/1016
Mileage: ~56K
Power: Stock

For the last week while driving home from work I get an ASC SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED error after about 30 minutes which disables ASC. On most days I also get an 4WD SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED error within 15 minutes later. Turning the engine off and on again clears the errors and leaves no codes. Tarmac light is not flashing. See video below for display before turning the engine off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rWqS_gcb9U

I'm thinking of replacing the pump. Not sure if I should go to the dealer or have my usual mechanic do it.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 08:22 AM
AJV

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I think nor cal guys didn't have favorable experiences with Concord. Some of them seemed to prefer Daly City. I had good experience with Fairfield
when I had them do my clutch master, headlight level and pulley/serp belt about 4 years ago.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Should be covered under warranty if it's the AYC pump. Good luck
Old Nov 9, 2018, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Red face

Originally Posted by AJV
I think nor cal guys didn't have favorable experiences with Concord. Some of them seemed to prefer Daly City. I had good experience with Fairfield
when I had them do my clutch master, headlight level and pulley/serp belt about 4 years ago.
That's good to know. Fairfield is certainly more convenient for me.

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Should be covered under warranty if it's the AYC pump. Good luck
Car is seven years old and I really don't care if it's covered by warranty It certainly wouldn't be the most expensive part replaced I'm thinking it could be sensors but really I just want the warnings to stop randomly appearing.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 08:54 AM
AJV

If you are set on going to the dealer cool. Though, here in Nor Cal we have a great guy you may consider that is a big tuner here and does
maintenance for Evos. Search Gary Bains or Bains Tuning on fb or IG.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by GotKT?
That's good to know. Fairfield is certainly more convenient for me.

Car is seven years old and I really don't care if it's covered by warranty It certainly wouldn't be the most expensive part replaced I'm thinking it could be sensors but really I just want the warnings to stop randomly appearing.
It's now warrantied for 100k miles
Old Nov 12, 2018, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
It's now warrantied for 100k miles
Thanks good to know.

Update: Talked to Fairfield Mitsubishi and turns out they do not have the proper equipment to diagnose my problem. They told me nearest shops with equipment are Oakland and Sacramento. So I'm going to contact Sacramento Mitsubishi (the one on Fulton) tomorrow.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AJV
If you are set on going to the dealer cool. Though, here in Nor Cal we have a great guy you may consider that is a big tuner here and does
maintenance for Evos. Search Gary Bains or Bains Tuning on fb or IG.
Thanks for the support and kind words ...Bless up
Old Dec 13, 2018, 09:36 AM
AJV

Originally Posted by desiromeo812
Thanks for the support and kind words ...Bless up
Got ya man.

It's Anthony V. See you soon!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Thought I'd close out this thread with an update. The Sacramento dealer was useless. I talked to the mechanic and he did not want to deal with all of the aftermarket wiring (SST cooler and a bunch of gauges). He recommended Overkill Performance in Sacramento. I called them but they seemed very busy and the car's been in a shop black hole before. Ended up taking the car to DSG Performance in Sonoma.

DSG took over the service arm of Works. Works has had mixed reviews on this forum and I have had mixed results as well (although the two tunes I have had there have been spot on). They, and another shop in El Dorado Hills, have done almost all of the work on my current Evo. DSG went above and beyond to fixed the electrical issues and all of the warning lights are gone. They finished some other track upgrade such as big fans on my SSP cooler, finishing brake cooler ducting, accommodating bigger tires, and a harness bare and 4-point harness. All of this was done well and timely.

Car ran great on my first track day of the year was great until one of the new tires failed the first time it got to up to temperature. But that is another thread.