Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Shifter loose

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifter loose

May as well put these into the damn project category at this point.. Two problems in 4 weeks since purchasing that rendered the car undrivable.
Was sitting in a parking lot and while leaving I noticed in neutral the stick had almost no resistance. Put it into gear and it can move freely. The car CAN move, but I think it's stuck in 3rd. Moved it about 20 feet before smelling clutch and decided to have it towed instead. I am almost positive this is a shifter linkage that came loose either underhood or connected to the stick. Just wanted to ask around to see if anyone else has an idea before I get to tearing through things tomorrow morning.

No really relevant pictures of the problem yet because I haven't started the repair process. But, here's my ride home.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:11 AM

Update: Found the disconnected gate selector linkage. Easy fix for $0.50 and half an hour.....

Or....

I could wait until my next paycheck, and upgrade the bushings, remove the clutch pill, and install a new intake.. Since I'm in there anyway.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:03 AM

Update 2: There's a bandaid fix on there right now. Was able to reach my hand down and pop the linkage back into place so I could move it into my driveway. I did notice however that the bushing in the linkage doesn't sit right in there, so I'm going to have to get at it and get new bushings anyway.