Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My Optima Yellow Top battery didn't survive the Canadian winter

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by ProTreeCRX
I'm from Ontario Canada as well and my OEM battery is about to go out. The only battery that Canadian Tire offers aside from their own generic batteries is Optima. Just wanted to ask if you Evo X came with a Rockford Fosgate subwoofer from the factory. I'm guessing that could be draining the battery as well? Also what is the model number of your Optima Yellow Top battery? The Optima website doesn't show an available battery for the Evo X
Yeah, the Evo has a factory Rockford Fosgate subwoofer.

Optima Yellow Top Group Size 35 is the part. I don't want to put garbage like the Optima in my car again.

Walmart Canada has EverStart AGM MAXX (680 CCA). Across the pond in Autozone they have Duralast Platinum AGM (680 CCA), and in Batteries+Bulbs they have X2Power Premium AGM (740 CCA). These will be my preferred replacement choices.
The following users liked this post:
ProTreeCRX (Apr 5, 2019)
Old Apr 5, 2019, 06:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What about Bosch AGM? Link from fellow forums member:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...port-fits.html
Old Apr 5, 2019, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by moladin
What about Bosch AGM? Link from fellow forums member:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...port-fits.html
I'd love to try out the Bosch S6 AGM. It's just really hard to find. Pep Boys seems to be the only shop that carries it.
Old May 3, 2019, 03:10 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I was looking at Optima batteries at a nationwide chain of automotive stores. Two sales guys chimed in and told me that Optima batteries has changed their manufacturer, and are no longer mfg in the USA. They pointed at the rows and rows of defective red, and yellow top Optima batteries. The guy said they are constantly busy with warranty Optima batteries that go bad, since the mfg change. FTW just stating my experience, needless to say, did not buy Optima.