Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What rotors and pads are you running?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 03:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Right now running StopTech Sport pads in the front with some cheap Autozone Duralast Rotors
got them cause I needed rotors same day.
once they go bad which I'm sure they will soon I will get Centric Cryo Treated Rotors with a new set of
the same pads.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by rocknsnoboarder
Don't waste your time (or money) on EBC's. Many others will agree and I will tell you from first hand experience they are not a good pad. Lots of better options out there.
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
I am running EBC blues right now. They are just ok. They take a decent amount of heat before they fade but they will fade. If you like dust and squealing, they are a perfect pad!
Damn, glad I asked. I suppose I'll just skip them. I definitely don't like squealing, although I really don't care about dust at all. I bought my car to have fun, not look pretty :P

What do you guys recommend instead as a street pad for very aggressive driving? I don't need it to be track-spec, I can just swap in DTCs at track. I care more about decent(not phenomenal or anything) cold bite, low noise, and a wide temp range to resist fading.

Sorry to thread-jack you, OP, i just didn't want to make a whole new thread to ask the same exact question.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox_IX
Damn, glad I asked. I suppose I'll just skip them. I definitely don't like squealing, although I really don't care about dust at all. I bought my car to have fun, not look pretty :P

What do you guys recommend instead as a street pad for very aggressive driving? I don't need it to be track-spec, I can just swap in DTCs at track. I care more about decent(not phenomenal or anything) cold bite, low noise, and a wide temp range to resist fading.

Sorry to thread-jack you, OP, i just didn't want to make a whole new thread to ask the same exact question.
I've had great luck with EBC YellowStuff, on multiple cars. For 'street pad for aggressive canyon type driving' they work fantastic. They strike a nice balance between 'cold performance' and 'getting better as they get hot'.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox_IX

I'm a fan of Carbotech brake pads. They have a street pad and multiple autocross/race level pads. And all of their compounds are compatible so you don't need to worry about re-bedding or turning rotors when you switch compounds.

Originally Posted by hotdog
I've had great luck with EBC YellowStuff, on multiple cars. For 'street pad for aggressive canyon type driving' they work fantastic. They strike a nice balance between 'cold performance' and 'getting better as they get hot'.
I had the exact OPPOSITE experience with YellowStuff pads. Never felt they had great cold bite, they dust a lot, and they can't take the heat of a track day. They never squealed for me but a Corvette I know running them they make terrible noise.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I’m running downsized $35 12” centric rotors on the front and stock in the rear. 4 piston calipers all round with Wilwood polymatrix A pads. Braking hard sets off a light show and the rotors and pads wear down after 3,000 miles but it’s the only way to roll
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Bought the Centric rotors (plain black) and semi metallic pads two years ago on Tire Rack. Now for the street driving that I do, which is commuting to work, errands, fun runs and such the Centrics performed fine and as expected. They work okay. For a track car or dedicated weekend warrior, I'd go for a more aggressive pad. Like the Ferodo DS2500 from Italy.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looking to replace my front and rear rotors and pads as well.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 01:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I just put on the centric/stoptech slotted rotors and the stoptech sport pads a week ago. I haven't noticed much difference from the stock setup on my DD MR.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 01:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW I just had to replace my rotors and pads too. I went from stock rotors with Stoptech Street performance pads to Girodisc 2 piece slotted and Endless MX-72 pads. I can tell you that it is a night and day difference between stopping power and acceleration (because of weight savings going to 2 piece). I do track my car though so it might not mean much to others.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stevo-X
FWIW I just had to replace my rotors and pads too. I went from stock rotors with Stoptech Street performance pads to Girodisc 2 piece slotted and Endless MX-72 pads. I can tell you that it is a night and day difference between stopping power and acceleration (because of weight savings going to 2 piece). I do track my car though so it might not mean much to others.
Did you do front and back with the Girodisc rotors and Endless pads ? I’m currently have the MR 2 piece rotors in the front with stock pads and 1piece stocks in the rear. Looking at replacing all 4 with Girodisc.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cflo23
Did you do front and back with the Girodisc rotors and Endless pads ? I’m currently have the MR 2 piece rotors in the front with stock pads and 1piece stocks in the rear. Looking at replacing all 4 with Girodisc.
Yeah I did all 4 corners with Girodisc and Endless pads.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stevo-X
Yeah I did all 4 corners with Girodisc and Endless pads.
Any reason you didn't got with Girodisc pads ?

I think I'm going to do the same setup but just with Girodisc S/S Front & Rear Brake Pads.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cflo23
Any reason you didn't got with Girodisc pads ?

I think I'm going to do the same setup but just with Girodisc S/S Front & Rear Brake Pads.
I just got a good deal on them. Plus read good reviews as well. I'm sure those pads will be good too.