Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What’s Going on with Driven Fab???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 06:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What’s Going on with Driven Fab???

Ordered their X firewall and cam sensor shields in January. It’s mid-April and no product. I’m also getting very rare communication via messenger/email (maybe a reply once a month), and never answer their phones. All I want is a good update! Is this typical? Their products look awesome, but dang if only they could deliver. 😔
Old Apr 9, 2019, 04:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Normal. Good company with not enough people. Hit up Ryan Wilber on facebook. He's the owner, and will respond.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by staywide8
Normal. Good company with not enough people. Hit up Ryan Wilber on facebook. He's the owner, and will respond.
Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I wouldn't say its normal to wait 3-4 months (or possibly longer) to get a few pieces of bent up metal with holes drilled in them.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:36 AM
AJV

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I bought the heatshield kit from WTF tuned. They were back ordered on fabrication and man power. However they kept me in the loop with updates. It ended up taking them about 8 weeks to fab. I'm okay with waiting as long as i'm in the know.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by AJV
I bought the heatshield kit from WTF tuned. They were back ordered on fabrication and man power. However they kept me in the loop with updates. It ended up taking them about 8 weeks to fab. I'm okay with waiting as long as i'm in the know.
Exactly.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Similar experience on my end with DF sadly. Their work is pretty solid and I do believe deep down Ryan is a good person who means well. That being said as a business they kinda suck. Its sad bc you see this all the time in the trades where the folks are capable of good work but do not know how to run a business. If you are that busy sorry but learn to scale your business and hire more help. Good help hard to find? Sure nobody said owning a business is easy. And if you don't care to hire more help then provide honest timelines and turn away work if there is too much backlog or once again be honest with the timeline and stick to it.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I wouldn't say its normal to wait 3-4 months (or possibly longer) to get a few pieces of bent up metal with holes drilled in them.
Normal for them, not for everyone else. Again, you'll get your stuff, just who knows how long it'll take.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
And normal doesn't mean good either. I've worked with a lot of 1-3 person businesses and the majority of them are successful enough to be backlogged and not communicative but not successful enough to hire someone to do CRM / orders full time. It's a real challenge.
The irony is, if they were better about communications and delivering orders on time, they'd have more business and make more sales and be able to afford the resource that would support the demand. It's really hard for someone who might not be able to pay their mortgage or car payment when they have a bad month to take that leap of faith and to hire someone before they can afford them.