Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR Cranks but will not start

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X MR Cranks but will not start

Ok guys I hope you can help.

First a little background. I just finished pulling the turbo to fix an oil leak. The o-ring for the oil drain tube was jacked up and was leaking.

I just finished getting everything back together and I started it for a quick second. Maybe 5 to 10 seconds just so I could get the fluids moving and check for any leaks. It started right up and ran fine.

Then I lowered the car back down off the jack stands and finished buttoning up everything... put the strut tower brace back on, topped off the coolant and oil, etc...

Then I went to start it again and now it won't start. It cranks but no start.

This is what I have started with. I checked all the relays and they all seem to be fine... no rattles. I have the green ones. I pulled the spark plugs and they are wet and you can see the top of the pistons are wet. So that means the injectors are firing and there is fuel getting to the cylinders. I read about the evo x's flooding out if you start them and immediately turn them off like I did and people were having luck with them starting by holding the gas pedal all the way to the floor. I tried with no luck. There is also no Codes that Evoscan can find and all the wiring connections are tight and don't look damaged.

Since its super late my time I'm leaving the spark plugs out over night to see if the gas will evaporate and I'll try it again in the morning.

If that doesn't work do you guys have any other suggestions?

Old May 4, 2019, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Hmm saw you tried what i suggested sorry man gl

Last edited by Napalm_Enema; May 4, 2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old May 5, 2019, 02:28 PM

Try disconnecting the battery and let the ECU reset. Worked for me a couple times in the past.
Old May 8, 2019, 09:07 AM

Update: I found the problem. The fuse under the dash for the brake lights was blown and was causing the car to not start.
Old May 8, 2019, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoXMan0816
Update: I found the problem. The fuse under the dash for the brake lights was blown and was causing the car to not start.
Thanks for updating the thread. Glad it was an easy fix!