EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   When is Mitsu going to announce actual pricing? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/308172-when-mitsu-going-announce-actual-pricing.html)

Hanzo Nov 17, 2007 05:23 AM

When is Mitsu going to announce actual pricing?

I know they want to wait to see what subaru does but are they going to announce actual pricing anytime soon? No I'm not talking about everyone's rumored price range. I'm talking about down to the dollar and what are the costs of options.

Canexican Nov 17, 2007 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hanzo (Post 4964895)
I know they want to wait to see what subaru does but are they going to announce actual pricing anytime soon? No I'm not talking about everyone's rumored price range. I'm talking about down to the dollar and what are the costs of options.

Subaru has already announced pricing, so there is not a whole lot of point in holding off any longer. Maybe they don't even know what they want to sell it for? I won't be buying one for quite awhile, if ever, so I can't say I care too much. I want to see how it reacts to mods and see some official performance data before I even think of giving up my IX :D .

evo_z Nov 17, 2007 08:34 AM

Damn it, MMNA should release the numbers already so that I can decided whether to trade in my 8 for the X, trade in my 8 for another car or keep and start modding it. I'm already disappointed with the STI's pricing I hope the X will come in at a reasonable price. Slight OT, looks like the STI camp got shafted with not just the price but also with the engine redline (looks like it only goes to 6700rpm!)

Canexican Nov 17, 2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by evo_z (Post 4965176)
Damn it, MMNA should release the numbers already so that I can decided whether to trade in my 8 for the X, trade in my 8 for another car or keep and start modding it. I'm already disappointed with the STI's pricing I hope the X will come in at a reasonable price. Slight OT, looks like the STI camp got shafted with not just the price but also with the engine redline (looks like it only goes to 6700rpm!)

My one buddy is a real STI whore and he feels very betrayed. He was planning on getting the hatch STI (admitting that it was hideous, but didn't care), but then saw the pricing and said no way.

evo_z Nov 17, 2007 09:18 AM

Subaru has gone soft IMO, at least the X is somewhat still hardcore although it could potentially be a porker.

lemmonhead Nov 17, 2007 10:54 AM

39,999 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvilRob Nov 17, 2007 11:09 AM

So what was the price for the new STI if anyone cares to share :)
(Like base price and fully loaded price)

gizmotoy Nov 17, 2007 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by EvilRob (Post 4965507)
So what was the price for the new STI if anyone cares to share :)
(Like base price and fully loaded price)

Base is $35.6k including destination.

With BBS wheels + fog light package is $37.6k

With BBS wheels, fog lights, and navigation systems it is $39.4k

dklau33 Nov 17, 2007 11:22 AM

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123533

Originally Posted by Edmunds
LOS ANGELES — Subaru of America on Thursday said the 2008 WRX STI will start at $35,640, including a $645 destination charge, when it goes on sale in early January. That base price reflects a $1,520 increase over the outgoing model, which started at $34,120, including a $625 destination charge.

The '08 STI with the BBS wheel package starts at $37,640. The top-of-the-line '08 STI with the BBS wheel package and a navigation package — a new option that includes an integrated vehicle information center — starts at $39,440, including shipping.

Standard items include new side-curtain airbags, high-intensity-discharge low beams with manual height adjusters, and an AM/FM premium stereo with six-disc in-dash CD changer and 10 speakers.

The '08 STI is equipped with the revised 2.5-liter Subaru boxer engine that produces 305 horsepower at 6,000 rpm, a gain of 12 hp over the previous model.

What this means to you: It's a bite, but not a giant one, as Subaru prices its 2008 WRX STI. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

With this pricing I can see the base GSR coming in at $33.5, base MR coming in at $37.5 and the MR with Technology slighlty under $40.

EvilRob Nov 17, 2007 11:25 AM

Thanks guys :D

evo_z Nov 17, 2007 04:01 PM

Man, these are big jumps in pricing for both cars considering when the 03 evo came out, it was MSRP'd at $28k and the STI was at $32k. It wasn't uncommon then to get a GSR for under $30k out the door. I think I may be keeping my 8 after all.

thj17 Nov 17, 2007 05:57 PM

On the EVOxforums, a member wrote that He called the dealer and the seller told him that's the prices will be revealed monday morning...

Hope it's true and hope Mitsu Canada will follow in the next days...

ilovemye46nevo8 Nov 17, 2007 06:35 PM

i will have the answer to all your pricing questions within the next couple days or so. PM me if you have any questions. i just ordered my evo X inventory and im very sure that everyone here will be pleased with the packages that im ordering them in.

kilgoja Nov 17, 2007 07:00 PM

man this sucks...i thought my evo was way too much at 36k....i don't think i'll ever spend that much on a car again.....looks like they are gonna lose a lot of potential customers....gonna become just another rich man's car before too long like a porshe or a ferrari....just like the nissan gtr...i mean really the people that want these cars can't afford them

jackygor Nov 17, 2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by ilovemye46nevo8 (Post 4966439)
i will have the answer to all your pricing questions within the next couple days or so. PM me if you have any questions. i just ordered my evo X inventory and im very sure that everyone here will be pleased with the packages that im ordering them in.

When are you guys getting the MRs? :D

ilovemye46nevo8 Nov 17, 2007 07:06 PM

im getting the MR's the same time i get the GSR.

LowUFO Nov 18, 2007 06:57 AM

Are you getting your GSR late for some reason? All Mitsu info points to later release of the MR versions..

DTM Nov 18, 2007 07:02 AM

LoL I just ordered yesterday still without concrete pricing...

ilovemye46nevo8 Nov 18, 2007 12:20 PM

im getting mr and gsr at the same time.

civicevo380 Nov 18, 2007 12:46 PM

Ok, I was a Suby owner in the past, great cars, but I made the switch to Mitsubishi, greater car, in some areas. I can't see myself paying $40K for the Subi, or a Mitsubishi Evo X. I will keep my Evo8 maybe get an Evo9 becuase of the Mivec. But I've read about the mechanical specs of the new Evo X and I'm not happy. You can have the garbage auto sequential box, that's the only good thing about the car. In conclusion, I will keep my Evo 8, mod it and know that my CASTIRON block will handle the upgrades.

LowUFO Nov 18, 2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ilovemye46nevo8 (Post 4967977)
im getting mr and gsr at the same time.

Yeah, you already said that. But are you getting MRs early or your GSR late? Mitsubishi have said the GSR will arrive first, then one or two months later the MR will start arriving..

pltek Nov 18, 2007 08:10 PM

i am getting 2 of each, at the same time

jackygor Nov 18, 2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by pltek (Post 4969277)
i am getting 2 of each, at the same time

So there no delay on the MR like what we previously heard?

LowUFO Nov 18, 2007 08:23 PM

Its like pulling teeth. Surely, someone can tell us if the MR is arriving at the same time as the first shipment of GSRs..

TEE JAY Nov 18, 2007 09:13 PM

I was just at the Los Angeles auto show to see the evo x and the mitsu reps said that the mr fully fully loaded would be 37-38k, i dunno though. But that phantom black looks bangin in person.

pltek Nov 19, 2007 10:43 AM

wtf?

xmaciek82x Nov 19, 2007 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by evo_z (Post 4966110)
Man, these are big jumps in pricing for both cars considering when the 03 evo came out, it was MSRP'd at $28k and the STI was at $32k. It wasn't uncommon then to get a GSR for under $30k out the door. I think I may be keeping my 8 after all.

Yea, I bought my IX for $31k out the door. But like everyone is speculating that the new one will be around $40k, then I'm not sure if I will pay that much for another evo.... :crap:

whitecomet Nov 19, 2007 03:27 PM

All I got to say if the x is 40k I will get a bmw 135i for 37k with the sport suspension package. Maybe do European delivery and get it for around 35k before tax etc I think it saves 5-7% of the retail price plus one free ticket to Europe through Lufthansa.

My folks did this summer when my pop's got his 335i and they took off 2800 or so on it and paid 40k before taxes etc and paid 1000 for his airline ticket for him and my mom and even got a discount on a hotel through bmw.

Heck with the extra cash it would pay for a good time in Europe I can spend 2k there doing whatever I want come back and then get a lsd and probably chip my car thru Vishnu tuning for maybe for 2500 that's a guess on a lsd plus install being 1500 and if that's correct it would be a wash.

That to me sounds like a better deal plus a vacation to boot and maintance for 4 years it adds up.

Now Im not a evo x hater or anything of the sort honestly if the evo x gsr comes in at say 32k or say even 34k I still would probably get it over the bmw but if it's over 34k Im walking to bmw and ordering European delivery and get a 135 for 35k and going to pick her up in Munich.

Yes I have driven the evo9 may times and the bmw i35 so I have a good idea of how these car's may differ the 135 being slightly more edgy than the 335 and the evo x being more refined than the 9 and I will drive both but if it is within 2k the bmw with 2 extra cylinders and a extra gear to me will be the winner plus it's a rwd car and that is just really fun and yes so is awd I had a 2003 wrx for 3 years and loved it. But if both cars are no more than a 2k variance lb for lb I think the bmw is more car for the buck which is unusual that a premium German car company could be a better overall value than a Japanese value conscious mass market manufacturer

leetman Nov 19, 2007 03:42 PM

Not sure how the European delivery works, but if they wan't to be paid in Euros you'll be in for a surprise.

The dollar is worth 9% less to the Euro than it was 6 months ago. It might knock out all the benefit of buying in Germany.

richyc Nov 19, 2007 06:32 PM

if pricing is retarded on the X...ill scoup a 9...u know ppl are trading em in like hotcakes. lol

si_to_evo Nov 19, 2007 07:00 PM

^shhh!

Saotome9 Nov 20, 2007 02:17 AM

lol i guess

agentorangemen Nov 20, 2007 04:51 PM

Finally had time to talk to my local dealer about pre-ordering an X...and I was told that the base MR (no navi) would start at $39,9XX MSRP. He obviously said it was not official from Mitsu, but that the first two numbers are correct and there would be no dealer mark up. He also said the GSR base would be ~$35,9XX MSRP. I hope he was just setting me up for a worst case scenario...

atombomb33 Nov 20, 2007 05:04 PM

I stopped into my stealership today (well, they're actually alright guys) to buy an oil filter and a bag of crush washers. My sales guy told me that they just ordered a couple X's and they should be in right around the new year. I asked him about pricing and he told me pretty much the same pricing as mentioned above and that it wasn't official yet. If this pricing is legit...ouch!

But, I guess that kinda makes sense. They added a lot of creature comforts which were going to add up. Look at the all-new base Lancer and a fully-optioned Lancer GTS. Much more expensive than the previous model. Only makes sense that the new Evo X would be a few grand more than the IX.

agentorangemen Nov 20, 2007 05:13 PM

Damn I was hoping I was out to lunch...I guess I will wait for the economy to tank and pick one up in the third quarter of 08 at invoice...Jan delivery for the GSR and Feb delivery for the MR by the way.

atombomb33 Nov 20, 2007 05:16 PM

Well, it's still not "official" yet...so I guess there is still some hope for the guys that want the X...

si_to_evo Nov 20, 2007 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by agentorangemen (Post 4976213)
Finally had time to talk to my local dealer about pre-ordering an X...and I was told that the base MR (no navi) would start at $39,9XX MSRP. He obviously said it was not official from Mitsu, but that the first two numbers are correct and there would be no dealer mark up. He also said the GSR base would be ~$35,9XX MSRP. I hope he was just setting me up for a worst case scenario...

gsr 35,9XX where you got that dude? stop giving wrong info please if not sure

Saotome9 Nov 20, 2007 06:16 PM

^ yea I agree 35k for a gsr no way

agentorangemen Nov 20, 2007 06:17 PM

Straight from my dealer, not official (as in to the dollar) but where the pricing starts

Hanzo Nov 20, 2007 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by agentorangemen (Post 4976488)
Straight from my dealer, not official (as in to the dollar) but where the pricing starts

Dealership never know what they're talking about. I have yet seen a dealership get inside info before us on the net.

atombomb33 Nov 20, 2007 07:40 PM

I heard the identical pricing from my dealer today. Think about it. It kind of makes sense. Fully-optioned Evo IX MR was over $36K. Add in new goodies like an expensive auto tranny, new AWD system and some required safety additions (airbags are expensive and crash testing them is even more expensive) then throw in some new creature comforts and the new MR should sticker right around $40K and over that with all the options.

Another thing to consider...a fully-optioned 2008 Lancer GTS stickers for close to $23K!!! That's very expensive for a Lancer. In the past the Evo was somewhere between $12-$17K more expensive than the Lancer Ralliart. So, add that $12-$17K to the $23K for the new Lancer and you get a range of $35K-$40K for the Evo X.

I hope my dealer is wrong because that's awfully pricy for an Evo. But, Mitsu is targeting a more affluent customer with the Evo X so that MSRP range may not be an issue for them. So, who knows. I would assume if dealers are starting to tell pricing ranges that official numbers will be released soon. Probably before Thanksgiving since this coming weekend is a big car shopping weekend.

thj17 Nov 20, 2007 07:48 PM

from another forum

"So I've been calling dealerships around the country to get an EVO X for the new shop car and it seems that most, if not all, EVO X's coming into to dealerships between January and February all have some sort of extra packages on them and that each dealership will only be recieving one X in January and one in February and so on. So I called this Mitsubishi Dealership called Family Mitsubishi in Indianapolis, IN. I asked if they were still taking pre-orders and he (Dave, their EVO guy) said yes. So I asked if he had any idea on the pricing for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black. He asked his manager and said they are not giving exact prices, but for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black the msrp will be no less than $30,999 and no more than $31,999! So if you are seriously interested in buying a X I would recommend calling this place and ask for Dave (1-518-698-4736) if you want some solid pricing quotes on which trim levels you want for your X.

Happy shopping,

-Nick-"

Hope it's true so that way this would put down canadian MSRP too...hopefully!!!

atombomb33 Nov 20, 2007 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by thj17 (Post 4976826)
from another forum

"So I've been calling dealerships around the country to get an EVO X for the new shop car and it seems that most, if not all, EVO X's coming into to dealerships between January and February all have some sort of extra packages on them and that each dealership will only be recieving one X in January and one in February and so on. So I called this Mitsubishi Dealership called Family Mitsubishi in Indianapolis, IN. I asked if they were still taking pre-orders and he (Dave, their EVO guy) said yes. So I asked if he had any idea on the pricing for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black. He asked his manager and said they are not giving exact prices, but for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black the msrp will be no less than $30,999 and no more than $31,999! So if you are seriously interested in buying a X I would recommend calling this place and ask for Dave (1-518-698-4736) if you want some solid pricing quotes on which trim levels you want for your X.

Happy shopping,

-Nick-"

Hope it's true so that way this would put down canadian MSRP too...hopefully!!!

Hmmm...not sure what you quoted is trustworthy...only reason I say that is because the GSR will not be available in black...only the MR...seems a little fishy.

But, hey, if that's the real MSRP than that's great news.

E. Haskell Nov 20, 2007 09:20 PM

I'm gonna throw out a complete guesstimate of $33,775 + destination. :D

deegers82 Nov 23, 2007 02:09 PM

i need UPDATES!!!

Saotome9 Nov 23, 2007 04:18 PM

bump for updates

LivinJUGGERNAUT Nov 23, 2007 05:19 PM

Good call on the bump.

Anyone else think it is weird that we have known details about the Evo longest out of the big three debuting (Evo, STI, 135) yet Mitsubishi is going to be the last to reveal pricing? I mean we didn't even know what the STI was going to look like officially until the Tokyo auto show while "official" pics of the Evo have been around since summer just about. I am on the list for a X at several dealers but I still don't know how much it is going to cost.

atombomb33 Nov 23, 2007 09:17 PM

I'm totally making this up...but my guess on why they haven't released pricing yet is that it was much higher than the STI. When Mitsu saw the STI pricing they panicked and are trying to find ways to lower the cost. Problem is, at this point the costs of materials and labor are already set. So, they won't be able to lower the price too much. As I've been saying for 3 months, the pricing will be just short of $34K for base GSR, just short of $40K for base MR and close to $42K for loaded MR.

jetmn Nov 23, 2007 11:16 PM

It keeps us all in suspense and checking the forums/web pages often. If we knew all the facts, there wouldn't be much anticipation and stir about their new car. It's all about marketing.