EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Where is Buschur, AMS, Al and the east coast crew?? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/320070-where-buschur-ams-al-east-coast-crew.html)

BOOSTEZ Jan 21, 2008 04:48 PM

Where is Buschur, AMS, Al and the east coast crew??

You mean to tell me NOONE from those shops has picked up an EVO X even if they had to truck it over to the West coast for one?? Sheesh!! {thumbdwn}

AWD Motorsports Jan 21, 2008 04:56 PM

unfortunately not every shop has it in their budget to buy a 35K car. Im just going to wait for a customer to get one.. then well play with theirs on the dyno testing out what works and doesnt

Noize Jan 21, 2008 05:02 PM

Stupid lucky west coast.

DTM Jan 21, 2008 05:05 PM

We have one on order. With plenty of workload in front of us it is actually a good thing that it is taking so long to get here. Our dealer has our expected date of Feb 12th. No need for us to go to Cali to get a car.
We will post our take on the vehicle once we get it in the shop.

CULVIIIER Jan 21, 2008 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ (Post 5180339)
You mean to tell me NOONE from those shops has picked up an EVO X even if they had to truck it over to the West coast for one?? Sheesh!! {thumbdwn}

Do you have one yet?

Why would a shop spend the time money and energy to get there hands on an X when 99% of Evos on the road are VIII's and IX's? It just does not make good sense from a business standpoint. How many X owners do you really think want to void their warranty with less than a 1k miles?

Kent

Robevo RS Jan 21, 2008 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ (Post 5180339)

Why ? what is going to happen in two weeks, they need to spend extra money to get it?
Even if they go down and back with truck, would give you 6 day advantige???
:helpme:
i think you need to rethink this question again.

CharlesJ Jan 21, 2008 06:00 PM

East coast dealers do not seem to have the cars yet. I am sure most of these shops will have ones within the next month.

StevenStarke Jan 21, 2008 06:09 PM

waitin on my car man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X Factor Jan 21, 2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by CULVIIIER (Post 5180523)
Do you have one yet?

Why would a shop spend the time money and energy to get there hands on an X when 99% of Evos on the road are VIII's and IX's? It just does not make good sense from a business standpoint. How many X owners do you really think want to void their warranty with less than a 1k miles?

Kent

I disagree... EVO is a tuner car, lots of the people who pick one up are going to be the people looking to do some mods as well, in my opinion.

I think the people working on it right now might have a bit to gain by having a head start on the competition.

Whether that head start is worth 35k+ is up for debate though.

Robevo RS Jan 21, 2008 06:21 PM

nobody with normal brain hook up hes car before 1500 miles or so.
If you are a racer yes ,but it is not a season yet ... So with this, the most 14 days delay, defenietly worth to wait.

BOOSTEZ Jan 21, 2008 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS (Post 5180606)
Why ? what is going to happen in two weeks, they need to spend extra money to get it?
Even if they go down and back with truck, would give you 6 day advantige???
:helpme:
i think you need to rethink this question again.

Say what you like, but if I were a owner of a reputable shop, I'd have one by now and have the dyno numbers and modding stages happening just like Buschur did when he first pulled in an VIII ("11.65@117mph on STOCK turbo"). The car would get tracked and numbers would be posted.

Most tuners can afford $35k easily so that's a non-issue.

The car is being watched by thousands of fans. People want to know what the car can do and what the "perks" are (p0300 code-like glitches, tranny weakening, etc..). Noone is going to find that out until the tuners take a stand and start doing some research. The more research, the more customers - the more customers, the more money.. period.

BOOSTEZ Jan 21, 2008 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by X Factor (Post 5180713)
I disagree... EVO is a tuner car, lots of the people who pick one up are going to be the people looking to do some mods as well, in my opinion.

I think the people working on it right now might have a bit to gain by having a head start on the competition.

Whether that head start is worth 35k+ is up for debate though.

Agreed.

Robevo RS Jan 21, 2008 07:04 PM

i like to be patient with the tune . So i like those, who are the same way.... No worries, the X will be here and will be hooked up and tuned no reason to rush anything. It is too new anyway, so needs at least a year to clear up everything around it .

Ultimate CC Jan 21, 2008 07:12 PM

I think people have a misconception on how much some of these shops really make....

BOOSTEZ Jan 21, 2008 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS (Post 5180966)
i like to be patient with the tune . So i like those, who are the same way.... No worries, the X will be here and will be hooked up and tuned no reason to rush anything. It is too new anyway, so needs at least a year to clear up everything around it .

In research land, there is no such thing as "too new". If I had the car right now, I'd be going to the track tomorrow. Forget about the magazine times, what can the average driver expect to do down quarter-mile in the X? How about in-car video footage of a 0-60 pass, or a run from 50-120mph? Throw the car on the rollers (dynojet preferred). Run it several times.. show *all* the readings. Put a boost controller on the car and then run it again. Take off the airbox, and run it again. Remove the downpipe-back and run it. All these hacks can be done within a day with feedback on how the car performs without tuning it and without voiding a warranty.