EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   New buyers... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/322051-new-buyers.html)

rane Jan 30, 2008 08:59 AM

New buyers...

For those new buyers of the Evo X...

EDIT:

Also, if you could explain why you made your choice that'd be great. High mileage on your old Evo, you like such and such about the X, you don't like such and such about the VIII or IX, etc.

PDXEvo Jan 30, 2008 09:13 AM

yet you left out the x.

rane Jan 30, 2008 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by PDXEvo (Post 5219390)
yet you left out the x.

It's in the Evo X forum and I'm asking about new buyers. I doubt anyone's trading in their X for an X just yet lol

FJF Jan 30, 2008 10:07 AM

It's a great topic for a poll. I hope that most X buyers take a moment to respond.

DirectorSe7en Jan 30, 2008 12:37 PM

How the hell are all these people voting on EvoM and are non-Evo owners?

rane Jan 30, 2008 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en (Post 5220316)
How the hell are all these people voting on EvoM and are non-Evo owners?

Easy...they're Evo fans who have not yet purchased one. I'm registered at plenty of car forums, even if I don't own that particular car.

evox_ Jan 30, 2008 02:52 PM

I had a tC before... Huge upgrade :)

DirectorSe7en Jan 30, 2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by rane (Post 5220922)
Easy...they're Evo fans who have not yet purchased one. I'm registered at plenty of car forums, even if I don't own that particular car.

Lol, just a question, no harm meant by it. {thumbup}

Noize Jan 30, 2008 04:13 PM

VIII and IX.
I love the new chassis and handling.

kidneythief13 Jan 30, 2008 05:39 PM

I just sold my '03 OZ Rally and have always wanted an Evo ( I wanted an '03 VIII, but couldn't afford it at the time). My OZ was the bright as hell, lightning yellow. I loved it at first, but kept getting Civic a-hole drivers trying to race me at every light. I still like the looks of the VIIIs and IXs, but think they would draw even more attention. They really stick out, making me able to spot them from far away. I'm going to get a X MR because it isn't as intense as the previous models. I'm hoping to have this X for many years. I think that I might feel a little awkward driving around town and getting stared at for the next 5 years because of the recognizable cuts of the IXs. I already got some looks because of the yellow car w/crazy black graffiti style graphics on the sides.

ViperF16 Jan 30, 2008 11:29 PM

i have the lancer gts and right now i wish i would have waited for the X! i've always wanted one! oh well i'll eventually get one.

DirectorSe7en Jan 30, 2008 11:45 PM

^Trade that sh*t back in, or get a RA.

ViperF16 Jan 31, 2008 01:40 AM

Tru, and get my $500 mitsu rebate!

rane Jan 31, 2008 09:27 AM

Interesting, but as of now, no real surprises. It looks like most buyers of the X don't already own an Evo, so it stands to reason they'd get the newest one. Then we have the owners of VIII's, who I'm guessing are looking to trade in their high-mileage vehicles and stick with the Evo name.

EzeE1o Jan 31, 2008 09:50 AM

im wondering if these votes are from actual owners of an X

i.e. owners who arent posting, just voting