EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Any MR's having idling issues (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/358055-any-mrs-having-idling-issues.html)

Sixspeed J Jul 16, 2008 09:22 PM

Any MR's having idling issues

I did a search of idling issues and I noticed that the GSR's had some earlier problems but that was fixed by a reflash. Well I just bought my MR tonight and noticed after I left the dealership the car wasn't idling well. It almost stalled out a couple of times and it went down below 500 rpms several times and the idle was very sporadic. I guess I will be calling the dealership in the morning. My question is am I the only MR having this issue? Also did the reflash fix the idling issue on the GSR? Thanks

navidf Jul 16, 2008 10:27 PM

Not mine.

tlr9 Jul 16, 2008 10:37 PM

Hmmmm......not mine either :confused:

628 Jul 16, 2008 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sixspeed J (Post 5897504)
I did a search of idling issues and I noticed that the GSR's had some earlier problems but that was fixed by a reflash. Well I just bought my MR tonight and noticed after I left the dealership the car wasn't idling well. It almost stalled out a couple of times and it went down below 500 rpms several times and the idle was very sporadic. I guess I will be calling the dealership in the morning. My question is am I the only MR having this issue? Also did the reflash fix the idling issue on the GSR? Thanks

The reflash SEEMED like it fixed the problem for my GSR during the first week or so, then it just felt like it went back to normal after. It stalled out twice on its own so far.

Sixspeed J Jul 17, 2008 12:42 AM

Could this be something other than needing a reflash? Possibly some piping that may have become loose? I know it sounds crazy but I had my wife drive the car down the drive at about 35mph very moderately I will add (very early break in) and as she takes her foot off I swear hear the recirculating valve blow off my wife heard it as well. I'm totally stock so could I really be hearing this??? Also the idle seems to be even more eractic than earlier. I know I'm just grasping at straws now but I just trying to understand what going on.:confused:

Also I just found out the headlights are going to have to be realligned.:crap: It seems my car is a little crosseyed.

Sixspeed J Jul 17, 2008 01:01 AM

I Forgot to mention it hasn't thrown any codes yet.

AsH74 Jul 17, 2008 01:59 AM

No idle issues here, picked mine on up Tuesday.

ksattic Jul 17, 2008 10:41 AM

No idle issues here either. Idles at approx 900rpms. Picked up mine almost 3 weeks ago.

Sixspeed J Jul 17, 2008 11:26 AM

Thanks for the responses. Problem has hopefully been fixed, a vacuum hose had slipped off.

doclin Jul 17, 2008 11:32 AM

no problem so far....600 miles delivered 7-7

06MRV8Killer Jul 17, 2008 11:39 AM

No idle problems with mine, a good tuner can fix that easily. There are many things that may cause it, the DV could be loose, maf not fully plugged in, lose clamps/pipes, vaccum lines as mentuioned before. Check everything over thats the first step.

a_decoy Jul 17, 2008 12:39 PM

I just picked up my MR on sunday and haven't noticed any idle issues since I brought it home. I'll keep watching it to see if anything creeps up....

93HardTopTurbo Jul 17, 2008 01:50 PM

Little over 700miles on mine and no issues.

Sixspeed J Jul 18, 2008 12:40 AM

Fixed!!!

It was the Vacuum line!! Car feels great !! Idles the way it should now!!{thumbup}

zTargeTz Jul 18, 2008 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sixspeed J (Post 5902384)
It was the Vacuum line!! Car feels great !! Idles the way it should now!!{thumbup}

haha, if you had owned a DSM prior to this you would have had this problem fixed in the first 10 min.

;)

Nothing taught me more about trouble shooting a turbocharged internal combustion engine more than my 93 TSI{thumbup}