EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   weird sound/click in 1 first gear at first start up (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/400586-weird-sound-click-1-first-gear-first-start-up.html)

Slimdatwelve209 Feb 16, 2009 03:14 PM

weird sound/click in 1 first gear at first start up

As title stated I get a loud click kinda like something is engaging under my clutch or transmission when everytime I start my car when going into 1 gear right when I'm taking off. It only does that sound when I first start the car and going into first other then that everything is fine.

Webman Feb 16, 2009 03:16 PM

Funny, I have this EXACT same sound in my car. Only when I first start to move... sounds like a piece of plastic rubs against the asphalt real quick, then nothing. It only happens when I first start to move, after being parked. And it does it whether I go fwd or reverse. And I have a CVT

macPSU Feb 16, 2009 04:33 PM

I feel like I just noticed this noise tonight too. That, or every one of these threads makes me paranoid about my car having the same problem.

I'll have to pay closer attention tomorrow to see if it happens again.

628 Feb 16, 2009 04:39 PM

I get two different sounds.

1. I start up, warm up, then get going. As soon as I start reversing out of my driveway I hear this loud crack-like noise. I'm assuming it's just water that settled between two pieces and it's just clearing. We've had a lot of rain lately in Los Angeles, and I only hear it after it rains.

2. This has been covered before, but there's a noise as soon as I shift into first gear (no movement). It's a bang noise. Not sure what that could be.

jackygor Feb 16, 2009 04:42 PM

Yup, its some kind of self checking system thingy. All Evo has it, at least from the last time when I checked out other Evo X.

rageagtm Feb 16, 2009 08:19 PM

mine does it as well.. only after a startup and about 5-10 ft into the movement. At first i thought it was the pads sticking to calipers, but that should have gone away after inch's, not a few feet. I think its something in the clutch/flywheel..

MY08GSRX Feb 16, 2009 09:16 PM

this click sound is also found in lancer gts cvt before i bought the evo x gsr. when i got the evo x gsr, it also makes that noise. so i guess automatic, or manual, the tranny makes that click noise when engaging from start up.

skywalker Feb 17, 2009 09:41 AM

I hope this is normal because I get it too. I am pretty sure there is at least another thread about this because iirc it is normal.

macPSU Feb 17, 2009 05:08 PM

I definitely have this clicking sound once 1st gear engages. It doesn't sound like something's wrong though, it seems normal.

mike640 Feb 17, 2009 08:41 PM

If you're talking about a click noise once the car is engaged in 1st and you start rolling, that might be the ACD engaging. Says just that in the owners manual atleast.

joulzty Aug 21, 2016 11:50 PM

same as me also when starting to move

same issue in my case the tac sound can also be heard when the car almost stop after slowing down.. i just really hope its normal.. or is there ani related thread? can anyone show me the link..

is there the same issue with manual user?

Joe Campanelli Sep 12, 2019 02:26 PM

My ralliart

My car makes the same noise when I start it up and pull out in first. And I can hear a lil click when it down shifts. I am guessing since we all hear the same thing its normal?

Napalm_Enema Sep 12, 2019 04:35 PM

What this generally is, is the following -

Brembo brake pads move backwards when you are stopping, then when you reverse they kind of click forwards once you're done reversing and move forward.