EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   New '10 Evo X Speedo Cluster (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/466808-new-10-evo-x-speedo-cluster.html)

francisyeoyy Jan 6, 2010 03:39 AM

New '10 Evo X Speedo Cluster

Hi All,

Anybody tried swapping the new colored 2010 Evo X colored multifunctional display to the 2008 Evo X?

I've heard conflicting views on the compatibility.

TastyWasabi Jan 6, 2010 03:49 AM

+1

My friend is trying to figure this out too.

boostedgsr Jan 6, 2010 04:09 AM

cool let me know when you figure it out i am interested in doing the same

GGEvoX Jan 6, 2010 05:16 AM

I'd also like to know this, gotta love the color display :)

Revox Jan 6, 2010 10:14 AM

I don't know about DIY on this one but it has been stated that Mitsubishi could do this for a fee. You'd be best off contacting your dealership for inquiries.

tsitalon1 Jan 6, 2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Revox (Post 7861243)
I don't know about DIY on this one but it has been stated that Mitsubishi could do this for a fee. You'd be best off contacting your dealership for inquiries.

I would like to know where you found this "Stated"?

atombomb33 Jan 6, 2010 11:02 AM

It can be done. But, it will be expensive. You have to buy the entire gauge cluster (which I'm guessing will be about $800-$1000). Then you have to have the dealership install it and reset all the mileage so everything is correct and legit. That install and programming is probably going to cost another couple hundred bucks. So you're probably looking at ~$1200-$1500 just to have a color LCD. Not worth it IMHO.

Olaboy808 Jan 6, 2010 11:10 AM

The dealer can't even do it. You have to send it in to get the mileage "legally" matched.

atombomb33 Jan 6, 2010 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Olaboy808 (Post 7861451)
The dealer can't even do it. You have to send it in to get the mileage "legally" matched.

I stand corrected. I thought the dealership was able to do that {thumbup}

Clark_Kent Jan 6, 2010 11:17 AM

Where was it ever "stated" the dealership could do anything pertaining to this?

sspaladin28 Jan 6, 2010 11:25 AM

On the internet so it must be true

mrMTB Jan 6, 2010 11:59 AM

Depending on the state, replacement of the odometer might require the permanent fixture of a sticker to the driver's side door jamb to that effect. In the event that the odometer cannot be set to the accurate mileage, the odometer will be set to zero, and the sticker will note a) who performed the work, b) the date that the odometer was replaced, and c) the mileage on the prior odometer when the replacement was performed.

If such a sticker is required to be placed on the vehicle, it is an act of fraud to remove it.

atombomb33 Jan 6, 2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent (Post 7861474)
Where was it ever "stated" the dealership could do anything pertaining to this?

Where was it ever stated the dealership couldn't do any of it?

It's common sense. The dealership sells all OEM parts. So, you can buy it from them. The dealership can install any OEM part. So, you can have them install it.

The only thing that isn't exactly clear is whether or not the dealership can validate the new odometer and the mileage. And, odometer certification is state-dependent so it might be different state-by-state.

Culejoe Jan 6, 2010 01:16 PM

When a OEM custer has an issue or a defect the dealer IS the one who would replace it and have the miles matched.. So they actually CAN do it.

E6-X Jan 6, 2010 01:52 PM

imho, it's not worth changing it right now cos firstly it is too expensive and hassle.
no 2, what are you going to do with the good old working cluster ? sell it to the lancer guys ?