EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Good and bad day for my for my EVO today =( (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/491556-good-bad-day-my-my-evo-today.html)

LapDance May 10, 2010 03:41 PM

Good and bad day for my for my EVO today =(

So first thing this morning I ordered my new wheels! Black Enkie RPF1's 18x9.5 et 15. I also ordered my new new coilovers Fortune Auto 500's. So about two hours after orderign some cool new part I was driving to the Coast Guard station where I work. When all of a sudden on the opposite side of the highway some dumb-ass chick spins out through the median and just barely misses hitting me. In the process of sliding drift king status through the median she sprays my precious evo with golf ball sized rocks denting and sctratchign the piss out of it. I guess I should be happy to be alive or whatever, but I would have much rather had her hit me that way I would know for sure that someone was going to be paying for the damage. Now I have an evo that looks like its been though am F'n gravel rally and I'm pissed. Hopefully her insurance will pay for it, hopefully...

CatalystGod May 10, 2010 04:15 PM

Please tell me you have collision coverage and that you X is not GG. Way too many GG accidents.

Ryan.Kauz May 10, 2010 04:24 PM

she is at fault in this situation. a police report for the damage would proove this.

evo unknown May 10, 2010 04:30 PM

You better have gotten a police report. If not you may have to put it under a comp claim.

kristokes May 10, 2010 04:35 PM

Glad to hear that you're alive first and foremost! Damages can be repaired so no worries.

LapDance May 10, 2010 04:36 PM

Yea I got the police report. So do you guys think that it should be covered by her insurance even though her car didnt actually hit mine???

Old Eagle May 10, 2010 04:46 PM

If the police report sites her as the cause of the damage, your insurance company should go after the money (minus the deductabe of course). That's when I like my insurance people. The other 98% of the time I hate paying the premium. Hope it all works out to the best for you.

CatalystGod May 10, 2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Old Eagle (Post 8292889)
If the police report sites her as the cause of the damage, your insurance company should go after the money (minus the deductabe of course). That's when I like my insurance people. The other 98% of the time I hate paying the premium. Hope it all works out to the best for you.

Only if he has collision coverage to begin with. If he doesn't have that, he'll need to go after her insurance company all by himself and file a claim.

If he has colission coverage, his company pays for the repair, then goes after her company for recouping the money.

LapDance May 10, 2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by CatalystGod (Post 8292908)
Only if he has collision coverage to begin with. If he doesn't have that, he'll need to go after her insurance company all by himself and file a claim.

If he has colission coverage, his company pays for the repair, then goes after her company for recouping the money.

I have usaa full coverage, which I think includes collision...

LapDance May 10, 2010 05:02 PM

this sucks...

powersr1 May 10, 2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by LapDance (Post 8292937)
I have usaa full coverage, which I think includes collision...

Only one way to find out, call 'em up. USAA has the best customer service there is, they will help you out.

FWIW, I have the "standard" full coverage from USAA and I'm quite certain I have collision coverage.

monkey_187 May 10, 2010 07:02 PM

If you have USAA it is included as part of your coverage, you can even file the claim online. They will call you up in the morning and have you take it to get looked at. They will then pay the shop that is fixing it. Im not sure if you will get a loaner while your car is down, most of the time its up to the dealer.

Good to hear your ok!

blk-majik May 10, 2010 09:45 PM

Florida is a no-fault state. That means you pay your full deductible no matter what. Bend over and take it like a man.... or move to a state with laws that don't benefit criminals

m0nkie May 10, 2010 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by blk-majik (Post 8293712)
Florida is a no-fault state. That means you pay your full deductible no matter what. Bend over and take it like a man.... or move to a state with laws that don't benefit criminals

There are states that allow no deductible when your not at fault?? :eek:

_TMR_05 May 10, 2010 10:53 PM

''or move to a state with laws that don't benefit criminals'' haha i have always wanted to live in one of those states... sorry to hear that wild story, fresh paint to go with the rims and stuff!