EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Splatt/Pause in high RPM's. Is that knocking? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/506869-splatt-pause-high-rpms-knocking.html)

tlsole Aug 2, 2010 01:01 AM

Splatt/Pause in high RPM's. Is that knocking?

Hey guys,

So i took the car out tonight for a little driving and when i floored it in 2nd and 3ed i felt a "splatt" or a pause. It would do this around 6k RPM.

Ex) when i floor it it'll start pulling then all of a sudden pause for a split second and then back to pulling a little more.

Is the car knocking? Im running 93 from shell. Does anyone know what could be the issue? The car is bone stock still. Any advice would be very appreciated!

Thanks

tephra Aug 2, 2010 06:27 AM

model/year?

derekste Aug 2, 2010 09:06 AM

guessing you have an old ROM like 0015

tlsole Aug 2, 2010 09:28 AM

I have the 2008 GSR. Im not sure if i have the updated flash. I will have to call the dealer. Also, can i call any dealership for this check up?

mlomker Aug 2, 2010 09:38 AM

No CEL or backfiring going on?

I've watched Tephra's KnockCEL flashing a few times and didn't sense *anything* being wrong with the car. If you felt it then it was probably too much fuel or a misfire. Misfires will throw a CEL if they are frequent enough.

tlsole Aug 2, 2010 10:01 AM

No CEL or Backfiring going on. This wouldn't be what you guys call the hesitation right? Sorry, im pretty new to the car and never had this problem with my other vehicles :confused:

►EvolutionX◄ Aug 2, 2010 10:07 AM

I'm having the exact same problem with my car, Recently threw a p0234 code during those pauses while flooring it, I'm still trying to figure out what my problem is, I'm tuned to 22 PSI, so I should not be overboosting, I'll be in contact with you when I find out whats going on buddy.
Meanwhile:
Any Mods?
Are you tuned?

►EvolutionX◄ Aug 2, 2010 10:16 AM

Here's a link to my thread, hope it helps

tlsole Aug 2, 2010 11:31 AM

Its good to hear im not the only one..but still {thumbdwn}

Currently bone stock, no mods, no tune. Ive had the car since wednesday and it just started happening yesterday. Do you guys think is may be a loose hose? Since im stock and currently still under warranty, do you guys think i should bring it into the dealership? Would they cover it?

JP EVO X Aug 2, 2010 11:40 AM

What are the rpms associated with the boost, pause, boost?

tephra Aug 2, 2010 03:52 PM

take it to a dealership and get them to put on the most recent flash.

u probably have an old flash...

tlsole Aug 2, 2010 04:11 PM

Should i call them ahead of time or should i just go up there. The dealer i bought the car from is about an hr away, however there is another dealer just a few miles away. Is there a fee for this service?

tephra Aug 2, 2010 05:03 PM

You should call them.

Technically its a TSB so it should be free, but it might already be done.

Check under your hood for a TSB sticker.

tlsole Aug 2, 2010 07:17 PM

I think it hasn't been done. I have did some more research and people say its the rich tune from factory. I also to have weird idling at times, hesitation and the stuttering in higher RPM's. I will definitely give the dealer a call and bring it in.

Does anyone know about these fuel pump relay's and if that is a recall? I really dont want to lose a motor

tephra Aug 2, 2010 08:01 PM

could be from the rich tune, could be from a bad relay.

could be from the FPR hose popped off...

just call the dealer and tell them you want to check that all the TSB's/recalls have been done...