EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Hood heatshield clips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/528252-hood-heatshield-clips.html)

lancerus Dec 5, 2010 11:25 AM

Hood heatshield clips

hey guys,
i was wondering if some of you are not using your hood heatshield clips (metal and plastic clips)
i lost mines and im putting my hood back so im also putting my heatshield back on too. Dealer doesnt have them stock and want too much for just some clips, total rip off {thumbdwn} like always.

vivimatsuk Dec 5, 2010 01:12 PM

ur taking about the under the vents right? i wanted to take them off so it looks nicer, but idk how bad it will be. cuz i got an AMS intake and wouldnt want water pouring in

lancerus Dec 5, 2010 01:33 PM

im talking about the clips that attached the heatshield to the hood. they are also called hood insulator clips

racingguy13 Dec 5, 2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by vivimatsuk (Post 8889170)
ur taking about the under the vents right? i wanted to take them off so it looks nicer, but idk how bad it will be. cuz i got an AMS intake and wouldnt want water pouring in

I think he is talking about the heatshield for the scoop, not the vents. The scoop heatshield has the goofy looking metal clips and two christmas tree plastic clips I believe. As for taking off the vent blocking plates, do it, it won't affect anything or look any different at that rate. If you want to take the actual vent looking piece out, I would think that would look worse. I took my blocking plates out and then used some washers under the studs to keep the vent at the same height with the hood. The vent enters in front of the intake box, on top of the duct to the original box, so if you have the AMS with the heatshield, you should be fine, I believe it will enter right in front of the shield. At any rate it's not hard to do, like a minute worth of work, so if you take it off and drop the hood and notice it'll be bad, you can just reinstall them. Sorry a little {offtopic} but just throwing some info out there. As for the clips, sorry I still need mine.

lancerus Dec 5, 2010 07:08 PM

its not really just for the scoop part, the whole heatshield including the black part, so its more than 5 clips.

racingguy13 Dec 5, 2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by lancerus (Post 8890025)
its not really just for the scoop part, the whole heatshield including the black part, so its more than 5 clips.

Ahh so you are talking about the fire blanket?

lancerus Dec 5, 2010 08:08 PM

lol yea if thats the name of it, including the metalshield for the scoop you said.

lancerus Dec 7, 2010 04:25 AM

none of you wants to get rid of them?

mlomker Dec 7, 2010 09:19 AM

fwiw I just used plastic clips (like the ones that hold the undertray on). They haven't melted yet.

lancerus Dec 7, 2010 09:39 AM

i bought some plastic ones in autozone, but none of those fit, and none of the shops around have similar ones because they are kind of square

lancerus Dec 10, 2010 02:52 AM

no clips anyone?

lancerus Dec 20, 2010 12:11 AM

so nobody have this clips laying around???