EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Do mods increase the price of a car? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/562440-do-mods-increase-price-car.html)

HDGamer Jun 27, 2011 03:38 PM

Do mods increase the price of a car?

If I buy a used evo-x, should mods increase the price of the car, or not really change it at all? Mods in question are volk te-37s, hks hipermax 3, etc.

Logitech80 Jun 27, 2011 03:45 PM

I don't think mod should increase on price of a car maybe a little... Most people part out for reason..

AndyCT9W Jun 27, 2011 05:27 PM

The price of the car will increase as you're effectively buying the car and the parts. But those parts aren't new so you shouldn't be paying very much over the cost of a standard car.

Kahrs Jun 27, 2011 05:36 PM

I would go with "No" they do not increase the price of a car only because your taking the risk of buying it off him and it blowing up in your face. But if say the evo is a 800 whp evo that's a different story. I guess it's all in relation to the mods but IMO bolt-ons and below should be the bonus, anything after is subject to making it more.

Redbud23 Jun 27, 2011 05:41 PM

Not at all!!

Unfortunately it doesn't add value at all unless your selling to the 1% of the people that might know anything about the car and pay above retail. If they have to get a loan the bank will not give any more money than what the current value is. We all think it does but it doesn't. Now if yourr selling the car to someone with unlimited cash then maybe. Don't hold your breath.

tokeone Jun 27, 2011 05:46 PM

they shouldnt... but most people who sell cars think they should justify how much they spend on their mods, give a list and price, plus labor... and bump the car over blue book.

most cars probably arent even at good blue book value. so i certainly wouldnt buy something thats priced much more than a grand over that.
thats pretty much how i sold my last car. i looked at blue book and said, sure, 1k more. but it also had all stock parts, different turbo, intercooler, 2 exhausts, ect ect. the person could have sold parts and made money really.

i imagine that someone with te's would try to be tacking on 3g to the price.

2011MR_Lover Jun 27, 2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Redbud23 (Post 9421862)
Unfortunately it doesn't add value at all unless your selling to the 1% of the people that might know anything about the car and pay above retail. If they have to get a loan the bank will not give any more money than what the current value is. We all think it does but it doesn't. Now if yourr selling the car to someone with unlimited cash then maybe. Don't hold your breath.

This, if anything mods DECREASE the value.

ugakirk Jun 27, 2011 08:04 PM

I mean, would I expect to pay a little extra for volks? Yea but not 3k worth. But most mods don't add any value.. Coilovers and wheels though are a little bit different TO ME. I would rather buy a car with volks instead of rotas because it means the original owner didn't cheap out on anything so he probably took care of the car, in my opinion..

HDGamer Jun 27, 2011 08:47 PM

How much do you think an evox gsr w/ sss is worth if it has the aforementioned mods with 20k miles?

sblvro Jun 27, 2011 08:50 PM

only if an evom mod owned it. but mods per se, no:)

twabtoxer Jun 27, 2011 08:55 PM

if the car has all the decals of the mods on the side of the door HELL YEAH!!!

HDGamer Jun 27, 2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by twabtoxer (Post 9422254)
if the car has all the decals of the mods on the side of the door HELL YEAH!!!

No decals, does this mean I shouldn't get it? How can i get the decals?

HDGamer Jun 27, 2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by HDGamer (Post 9422255)

Like for example I would never drive my old civic if it didn't have the DOHC VTEC on the sides.

PSSSSHH Jun 27, 2011 08:57 PM

lol nice{thumbup}

twabtoxer Jun 27, 2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by HDGamer (Post 9422255)

{thumbup}

Originally Posted by HDGamer (Post 9422259)
Like for example I would never drive my old civic if it didn't have the DOHC VTEC on the sides.

:lol: