EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Going from an 09 GTS to an 12 Evo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/596647-going-09-gts-12-evo.html)

wargol Feb 5, 2012 09:21 AM

Going from an 09 GTS to an 12 Evo

I have loved driving my Octane Blue GTS for the last three years, I was considering getting a new 2SS Camaro but after sitting in both it was clear that I had been drafted for an evo since the day I purchased my GTS. :mitsu:

Im trying to decide on colors though

White or blue, its a tough decision because I love both.

Idk about getting any mods done right away, it would be fun but this is going to be my main car, the most I would want to do at the moment is some interior color changes.

Would it void my warrantee if I painted a couple panels??

JDZNate Feb 5, 2012 09:29 AM

I would go with blue. I might be a bit bias though.

Get Rad Feb 5, 2012 09:31 AM

I have heard of people having problems with the plastic panels starting to melt after painting them. I would look into this as a concern.

wargol Feb 5, 2012 09:42 AM

Melting?! I'll try to find something about it.

Dube Feb 5, 2012 09:49 AM

White trumps blue. You arn't driving a Subaru.

jdmEviL8 Feb 5, 2012 09:52 AM

i vote getting the new color if you're looking at the '12 model

Alpha X Feb 5, 2012 09:58 AM

Get Apex Silver or Graphite Grey. Which I dont think its called GG anymore.

T6 Feb 5, 2012 09:59 AM

I had a 09 rotor glow gts that I drove for about 8-9 months since I wasnt able to afford an evo but after that 8-9 months I pulled the trigger on a '10 mr TOURING and realized it was a good call.

At least first I told my self that I will keep it bone stock which changed within 6 months of getting the vehicle and now the only thing I havent touched is the block (well, did change the cams too lol).

You wont regret anything from the switch but gain everything. As for your color choices, check this thread out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e-threads.html

Zerofour1223 Feb 5, 2012 12:03 PM

between the two id choose white, but im partial towards black, everytime I see a well done pb im awestruck. Just my opinion though, grats on the x

Don'tNeed6th Feb 5, 2012 12:05 PM

The new color is called Mercury Gray. It's pretty much in between a GG and AS, more toward the GG side. Reminds me a little of the anthracite color(Mercury Gray has less green in it) on MKIV supras. Different but nice. Since this is the last model year(right?), buying the color only offered in the last year can keep a small premium over other colors depending on how hard they are to find.

If you're set on white or blue, I say white.

mct9891 Feb 5, 2012 01:14 PM

I was stuck between both those colors and went with white. Still love both tho

JRizal Feb 5, 2012 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Don'tNeed6th (Post 9942834)
The new color is called Mercury Gray. It's pretty much in between a GG and AS, more toward the GG side. Reminds me a little of the anthracite color(Mercury Gray has less green in it) on MKIV supras. Different but nice. Since this is the last model year(right?), buying the color only offered in the last year can keep a small premium over other colors depending on how hard they are to find.

If you're set on white or blue, I say white.

+1 {thumbup}, but you can never go wrong with black though..

davey111483 Feb 5, 2012 01:31 PM

i like rotor glow. do they still make that color on evo's?

Don'tNeed6th Feb 5, 2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by JRizal (Post 9942977)
+1 {thumbup}, but you can never go wrong with black though..

I'd only buy black if it's a garage queen. I bought GG because it always looks clean and hides waterspots, swirls, and light scratches well. Sadly, I don't have a garage for my evo. Soon enough.

daspasian Feb 5, 2012 09:50 PM

GG or WW FTW!!!