EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Volkswagen Golf R vs Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR - Head 2 Head (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/605722-volkswagen-golf-r-vs-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-mr-head-2-head.html)

krzys4 Apr 4, 2012 07:40 AM

Volkswagen Golf R vs Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR - Head 2 Head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4uDz...40FAAAAAAAAAAA

Get Rad Apr 4, 2012 07:58 AM

This guy really pissed me off at first when he was going on and on about the interior of the Evo but then he took it on the track and realized what it was all about. Still think he is a tool though.

yoshe200 Apr 4, 2012 08:32 AM

great wiper action on the track

jazket Apr 4, 2012 08:37 AM

"and have you all fighting about it at 3 am in the morning in your underwear..."

STFU tool! :mad: I eFight about my Evo vs ALL while sitting naked in front of my PC! :lol:

What a meh review :|

He's complaining about shifting? How about getting the GSR? instead of trying to go for the loaded MR Touring to have a reason to complaint about price lol... tooooool!

TravisF Apr 4, 2012 08:44 AM

Seriously what's even the point of comparing the two?

The VW is heavier, has a bigger engine but makes less power than us. What a waste of time.

krzys4 Apr 4, 2012 08:47 AM

I actually was considering Golf R before I got the X but lack of availability of Rs to even see at the dealers (not to mention test drive) put me away. I ended up with an X and after a month of ownership, I can honestly say I made the right decision.

As far as X's interior, I have no idea why people say it is horrible. It's not like it is competing at a beauty contest. It is simple, intuitive, and easy on eyes. It doesn't have Bentley-quality materials but it doesn't have cheap-feel plastics either. True, some cars in the price range have superior interiors but let's face it, it's interior is not a selling point of this car.

Get Rad Apr 4, 2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by TravisF (Post 10078811)

The VW is heavier, has a bigger engine but makes less power than us. What a waste of time.

The new Rs are only a 4 cylinder, not a VR6 motor like they used to have.

evofan_08 Apr 4, 2012 09:23 AM

What a non driving ****** the windshield wiper helped him hit that apex lmao, the Evo looks better out handles and had much better seats. He said he could barely reach the steering wheel, come on that **** was so scripted its not even funny. He just said every common complaint instead of speaking about his actual feelings what a trash review. The golf is cute, and slow I want my sports car raw not plush.

FJF Apr 4, 2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by evofan_08 (Post 10078902)
What a non driving ****** the windshield wiper helped him hit that apex lmao

You've never hit the wiper by mistake? I have and more times than I can count. :confused:

While the review isn't exactly tactful, it's hard to disagree. The interior materials in the X are almost shameful. There was no need to use hard, brittle plastics especially as a downgrade from the previous generation. The Golf is a nice place to be in. It's also a lot more quiet and livable for the less sporting sort. That same isolation comes at a cost. For example, the Golf is equipped with a device called a Soundaktor. It's an aural resonator, controlled by the ECU, the mimics engine sounds to help the driver feel more (err...) in tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUbYVS3uEc

Mad_SB Apr 4, 2012 09:48 AM

lol, ohh thats why you would want to buy an evo.... vw fanboi ftl.

mitlan Apr 4, 2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by TravisF (Post 10078811)

I agree. They are not even at the same level. Even if he want to compare these two cars, he had to compare every single details as they are so different cars like how the AWD performs on snow and mud, and of course EVO wins. However, the interior description of the EVO that he talked about is true.

TravisF Apr 4, 2012 10:58 AM

The only similar thing between the two is the price :lol: and you get a heck of a lot more for the price with the Evo

MarineScout13 Apr 4, 2012 11:31 AM

That guy was a tool. He rags on the Evo over and over and praises the VW about hearing the turbo spool, throw an intake on and same thing on the X. The interior did look a lot better in the VW and Mitsu did fumble horribly there (not like it will much matter if they do away with the X's. But how can you go from being on a companies band wagon only to do a complete 180 on the car.
Also why if you are going to test a manual why not test it against a GSR and not the MR. He was talking about how great it was in the VW shifting gears and then oh I'll paddle shift this one. Not really a great comparison let alone I don't think that they are even in the same class when it comes to a comparison.

akemi27 Apr 4, 2012 11:41 AM

Thx for the link...Dogged the Evo's interior as much as he dogged the VW's non-performance on the track...yea!!!

philamthebest Apr 4, 2012 11:42 AM

They aren't even comparable. Is it was a GSR then you can compare... What a tool.