EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   2011 EVO X NO CRANK.... help? weird CEL codes (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/703733-2011-evo-x-no-crank-help-weird-cel-codes.html)

tkrizzy3 Nov 24, 2014 11:50 AM

delete

delete

tkrizzy3 Nov 24, 2014 12:25 PM

delete

hoobastnk90 Nov 24, 2014 12:33 PM

have you confirmed that the ecu and wiring is actually connected and undamaged? Sounds wierd that it wont even crank over. Also to reset the ecu did you pull the ecu back up fuse to reset it?

tkrizzy3 Nov 24, 2014 12:52 PM

delete

hoobastnk90 Nov 24, 2014 01:02 PM

Well i was posting that because i know with hondas you usually just pull a fuse to reset the ecu but i know with the evo you can also just unplug the ecu as well since the plug is in the engine bay. But technically disconnecting the battery should work.

ikt Nov 24, 2014 04:32 PM

Are you using the original marching key? There's a tumbler sense wire that is coded to the ECU that is coded to the key chip in turn.

Can you read the ECU with something like a tactrix cable? The misfire codes sometimes come from other things, like running lean could cause a cylinder 2 misfire but it's unrelated to cylinder two, it just happens to be cylinder two that misfires first

Other thing is check the throttle position sensor, and IAT is intake air temp I think, which could be intake related.

Gqracer Nov 24, 2014 06:33 PM

Have u try programing the key to match the ecu yet?

tkrizzy3 Nov 25, 2014 06:42 AM

fixed".

xuncle Nov 25, 2014 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by tkrizzy3 (Post 11347617)
Update:
Yes, original key. We got the car running by jumping the starter (I know, not the best idea). We connected power to the spade portion on the starter and it fired right up beautifully and the codes have all gone away.

Today we will test if were actually getting power signal to the starter spade or not. I don't think we are and that's where our problem lies. Any idea why that would be? Could it be that the starter is "weak" and will only jump-start? or do we have a wiring issue?

All the CEL lights are now off. The only thing on now says "AWD system service required" and "ASC system service required".

Check the immobiliser antenna
There are a total of 12 placed on the car's chasis (behind door panel, under the dashboard)
If a single one is shot u will not be able to fire up the car as the immobiliser needs all signals coming from them before u could fire it up

Veronica Nov 25, 2014 08:20 AM

I am assuming it is an MR (with auto) otherwise you would have tried a push start...

Check simple stuff first. Try starting in neutral (not park). Maybe it is the starter interrupt switch.

ikt Nov 25, 2014 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by tkrizzy3 (Post 11347617)
Update:
Yes, original key. We got the car running by jumping the starter (I know, not the best idea). We connected power to the spade portion on the starter and it fired right up beautifully and the codes have all gone away.

Today we will test if were actually getting power signal to the starter spade or not. I don't think we are and that's where our problem lies. Any idea why that would be? Could it be that the starter is "weak" and will only jump-start? or do we have a wiring issue?

All the CEL lights are now off. The only thing on now says "AWD system service required" and "ASC system service required".

has it ever had an aftermarket alarm or remote start installed?

tkrizzy3 Nov 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Hey guys so heres an update after a few more hours with test lights.

The car starts up and runs perfectly(aside from the service awd note) if we jump power to the spade on the starter.

SOOOOOO in my head, i next went to the starter spade portion of the harness, (small black clip that slides onto the spade) and did a key turn, and go figure, no power is to that plug in the harness. Ive examined the clip, wire, etc. and cant find any damage.
Thats my problem, now to figure out how to fix.

Anyone have any wiring diagrams for the starter area and how they should be powered with Key off, and key in start position.
Thanks in advance.

ikt Nov 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by tkrizzy3 (Post 11347876)
Hey guys so heres an update after a few more hours with test lights.

The car starts up and runs perfectly(aside from the service awd note) if we jump power to the spade on the starter.

SOOOOOO in my head, i next went to the starter spade portion of the harness, (small black clip that slides onto the spade) and did a key turn, and go figure, no power is to that plug in the harness. Ive examined the clip, wire, etc. and cant find any damage.
Thats my problem, now to figure out how to fix.

Anyone have any wiring diagrams for the starter area and how they should be powered with Key off, and key in start position.
Thanks in advance.

On the steering column? I actually have a spare ignition switch assembly sitting in my garage. Long story.

Thomar Nov 25, 2014 08:47 PM

Regarding AWD service required, probably the ayc pump.

ikt Dec 2, 2014 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Thomar (Post 11348180)
Regarding AWD service required, probably the ayc pump.

it throws that code for about a million reasons