EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Motive power bleeder leaking? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/732414-motive-power-bleeder-leaking.html)

Brokeassevo Aug 25, 2016 07:21 PM

Motive power bleeder leaking?

So I attempted to bleed my brakes using the motive power bleeder and found out that it's leaking by the pressure guage and where the hose connects by the two Brass fittings.

Is this a isolated incident or have others had this issue?

white_turbo Aug 25, 2016 07:31 PM

How quickly does it leak? Mine does that very slowly, but not enough to cause any issue with the bleeding process. I just keep an eye on it and pump it back up to 15psi when it drops to about 10-12psi.

Brokeassevo Aug 25, 2016 07:34 PM

It drops pretty quickly maybe 1psi per 30 seconds. I took the guage off and put a washer where the brass nut meets the plastic container. And I'm gonna try Teflon tape where the brass pieces meet. See if that makes it use able

RazorLab Aug 25, 2016 07:45 PM

isolated. I've been using motive for almost a decade now...

white_turbo Aug 25, 2016 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brokeassevo (Post 11656619)
It drops pretty quickly maybe 1psi per 30 seconds. I took the guage off and put a washer where the brass nut meets the plastic container. And I'm gonna try Teflon tape where the brass pieces meet. See if that makes it use able

If you got it new, I would just return it for another one before you do anything with it.

Brokeassevo Aug 25, 2016 07:56 PM

The problem is I ordered it almost a year ago I don't think I could return it anyways. I just haven't used it yet this was the first time I tried to use it

hoobastnk90 Aug 26, 2016 06:46 AM

They sell spare parts through there website if you need any. I had to order a couple extra rubber orings for the adaptor on the reservoir.

Brokeassevo Aug 26, 2016 09:47 AM

They sent me a extra oring does anyone know if it's a spare or if I'm suppose to put it on the cap that goes on the reserve?

hoobastnk90 Aug 26, 2016 12:58 PM

They didn't send me any extras... But there is supposed to be one on the little black thing on the reservoir lid. Its about the size of a half dollar. If im way off base if you could post a picture to help then. But I love my power bleeder! Hope you get it straightned out.

aphex412w Aug 31, 2016 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brokeassevo (Post 11656827)
They sent me a extra oring does anyone know if it's a spare or if I'm suppose to put it on the cap that goes on the reserve?

the extra orings are different sizes for the cap that goes on the master cylinder. People were having problems with the original ring not working for some of the Japanese brands so they added a few different sizes.