EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   swap or increse power? how? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/733132-swap-increse-power-how.html)

kamiler Sep 19, 2016 04:50 PM

swap or increse power? how?

Hello
sorry for my English, and for the mistakes :)
I have a 2008 Lancer 2.0 USA.
please advice on how to increase the power?
I do a lot of kilometers, so do not want to assume turbo,
I wanted to raise the power to do the swap? I thought even if not to put a Honda engine with 200hp k20
What you advise? what part of the change to buy?
only much riding around the city, increase the power of factorial 2.0? but how and what? change the engine? for what?
the problem because he wants everything to work and at the same time the car was further economical :)
but I heard from here are those which know how to do it :)

sujinX Sep 19, 2016 06:21 PM

i think u should buy another car for power purposes.
swapping another engine will cost greatly more than a turbo option.
the lancer is a good commuter car for lots of driving that u do.

Veronica Sep 20, 2016 05:11 AM

You might get a better response from the 2008+ Lancer forum (same site - just drill down a little further).

kamiler Sep 20, 2016 09:10 AM

but im like this car and need more power:) but without turbo

HatrixMouse Sep 20, 2016 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by kamiler (Post 11665586)
but im like this car and need more power:) but without turbo

The absolutely MOST you'll get out of a 4B11 n/a motor is about 200whp. The guys in Puerto Rico did it I believe, and that's with port/polish, headwork, Evo cam, etc.

If you don't care about the money and the minimum gain you'll receive, there's your answer.

kamiler Sep 22, 2016 04:32 AM

now the best is swap 2,4 in outlander 2 ? or what hp i can take if new camshaft -evo or stage 2 in my engine?,polish port ,new intake etc, new program? the rest of the engine can withstand such powers? for example, the pan ?

Napalm_Enema Sep 22, 2016 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by kamiler (Post 11666218)
now the best is swap 2,4 in outlander 2 ? or what hp i can take if new camshaft -evo or stage 2 in my engine?,polish port ,new intake etc, new program? the rest of the engine can withstand such powers? for example, the pan ?

Unless you have LOTS of money

Don't try and make a lot of power out of your lancer.

I would just do handling modifications like springs and endlinks / swaybars.

Enjoy the car for what it is, don't try and make it what it is not.

Good luck!

Veronica Sep 22, 2016 05:47 AM

(You persist in asking a group that already has 4B11T and 300+ hp. Stock. I am confident when I say, no one [here] is contemplating any of the mods you are asking about. I say again, repost your topic in the 2008+ Lancer/Engine forum...)

lanevol Sep 23, 2016 12:26 AM

Leave it stock.

hoobastnk90 Sep 23, 2016 06:38 AM

trade it in!