EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Does anyone use a remote start? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/745718-does-anyone-use-remote-start.html)

DaEvoPusha Dec 27, 2017 03:07 PM

Does anyone use a remote start?

I'm interested in potentially something like this Compustar: http://remotelystartedmn.com/product...product-id=119

There used to be some issues with remote starts and Fastkey, but the installer told me they're fairly easy installs these days and there arent issues. For example, when you push the brake pedal down after getting into the car, it kills the engine. I'm curious about you guys' experience with them. :beer::mitsu:

416_EVO Jan 22, 2018 05:24 PM

Have been using a 2-way Compustar remote start for 3 years without having problem. Like you said, car can be remote start up and doors kept locked. Unlock doors as usual and turn 2-click (DO NOT CRANK) so you're ready to go.

Slamming the brake without turn key to ON will kill ignition.

DaEvoPusha Jan 23, 2018 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by 416_EVO (Post 11799540)
Have been using a 2-way Compustar remote start for 3 years without having problem. Like you said, car can be remote start up and doors kept locked. Unlock doors as usual and turn 2-click (DO NOT CRANK) so you're ready to go.

Slamming the brake without turn key to ON will kill ignition.

So you put the key in the ignition after remote starting each time? Do you have Fastkey?

416_EVO Jan 23, 2018 06:39 PM

I got Fastkey. But I assume for traditional key you would just put it in and turn to ON.

Originally Posted by DaEvoPusha (Post 11799680)
So you put the key in the ignition after remote starting each time? Do you have Fastkey?

J-ROC Jan 24, 2018 02:55 PM

I have the CompuStar RSD-3400S Remote Starter/Security Drone Mobile installed in mine

DaEvoPusha Jan 24, 2018 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 416_EVO (Post 11799797)
I got Fastkey. But I assume for traditional key you would just put it in and turn to ON.

I remember that being an issue I heard about a while ago. If you have Fastkey, you have to put the physical key in the ignition and turn. If you dont, and you hit the brake, it kills the engine. I would want it to be totally seamless, never removing the key fob from my pocket.

DaEvoPusha Jan 24, 2018 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by J-ROC (Post 11799978)
I have the CompuStar RSD-3400S Remote Starter/Security Drone Mobile installed in mine

Do you have Fastkey? Are there any issues at all?

J-ROC Jan 25, 2018 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by DaEvoPusha (Post 11799980)
Do you have Fastkey? Are there any issues at all?

I do have a fastkey, and no issues with the set-up so far. I like the Drone Mobile since I can start it with my iPhone from ANY distance. Very convenient..

DaEvoPusha Jan 25, 2018 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by J-ROC (Post 11800061)
I do have a fastkey, and no issues with the set-up so far. I like the Drone Mobile since I can start it with my iPhone from ANY distance. Very convenient..

OK, thanks. That was my main concern. With Fastkey, at one point there were some hangups. For example, you'd have to insert the physical key into the ignition cylinder, or the engine would kill when you push the brake pedal. There's a few other miscellaneous issues I've heard of.

akkordus Jan 30, 2018 01:20 PM

What are you installing this on? A MR or does it work for a GSR as well?

DaEvoPusha Jan 31, 2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by akkordus (Post 11801125)
What are you installing this on? A MR or does it work for a GSR as well?

I have an MR, but as I understand it's not too hard to find remote starts that are fine to use with manual transmissions these days.

ChipperEvo Feb 1, 2018 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by DaEvoPusha (Post 11801412)
I have an MR, but as I understand it's not too hard to find remote starts that are fine to use with manual transmissions these days.

I really wanted it to do remote start when my key fobs went dead.

Instead of paying Mitsubishi ridiculous amount of money for 2 new keys, I looked in to after market keyless for like half the price with remote start.

While it is possible to do remote start on manual trans, the shop wanted another 200 bucks for the install and they actually said "we can't guarantee that it will work." :mad:

MiamiBoy Feb 2, 2018 12:29 PM

Is there any justification for someone living in a warm climate for getting a remote starter? Other than the fact that you may feel the Mob is after you.

bolothedv Feb 2, 2018 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiBoy (Post 11801787)
Is there any justification for someone living in a warm climate for getting a remote starter? Other than the fact that you may feel the Mob is after you.

when it gets warmer, you could start the car with A/C on.

DaEvoPusha Feb 5, 2018 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by bolothedv (Post 11801797)
when it gets warmer, you could start the car with A/C on.

It's also better for the long term life of your engine to let it warm up before driving. The owner's manual recommends until the first blue "bar" on the temp comes up, which is maybe 100*F.