EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   so uhh, this isnt bad right? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/746000-so-uhh-isnt-bad-right.html)

CaptainCrunch Jan 12, 2018 11:10 AM

so uhh, this isnt bad right?

So I know this guy, definitely not me. Lets call him Major Honey Bunches of Oats. Again, definitely not me. So this guy uses a power washer to get the salt off the Evo and in a moment of powerwashing bliss.. BOOM! This happens. Its not a big deal, right? I mean, its not like he blew the welds on his intake or damaged his standalone fuel management system right? What a noob.

https://preview.ibb.co/n1BzRm/20180112_140138.jpg

Biggiesacks Jan 12, 2018 11:18 AM

get a precision flat head screw driver and bend em back

CaptainCrunch Jan 12, 2018 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11797534)
get a precision flat head screw driver and bend em back

Tried, but they were pretty badly smooshed. No real improvement.

ChipperEvo Jan 12, 2018 11:48 AM

holy ****. I have pressure washed my car many times and never had that happen. was he trying to washing the paint off the car with that much pressure? LOL

4b11slayer Jan 12, 2018 02:07 PM

Nah those are just cooling fins.
Wont cause a boost leak.
The air travels through the bars

CaptainCrunch Jan 12, 2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo (Post 11797538)
holy ****. I have pressure washed my car many times and never had that happen. was he trying to washing the paint off the car with that much pressure? LOL

hahaha Me too! I can't believe I did that. I mean.. my friend...

CaptainCrunch Jan 12, 2018 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer (Post 11797573)
Nah those are just cooling fins.
Wont cause a boost leak.
The air travels through the bars

Awesome! Thank you for putting "my friends" mind at ease.

six40 Jan 13, 2018 05:26 AM

Your friend got his hands on a very high pressure, pressure washer... I've pressure washed my intercoolers for the last decade and can't say I ever done or seen that :(

CaptainCrunch Jan 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by six40 (Post 11797644)
Your friend got his hands on a very high pressure, pressure washer... I've pressure washed my intercoolers for the last decade and can't say I ever done or seen that :(

I barely hit the thing! I mean, "my friend" barely did.

Biggiesacks Jan 13, 2018 12:19 PM

i usually hit the intercooler with simple green and just regular hose water pressure to clean it. The fins get bend all the time from crap from the road, like i said you can just bend em back, or if they are too mashed up you can pull that part of the fin off to let air pass through the core again.

CaptainCrunch Jan 13, 2018 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11797677)
i usually hit the intercooler with simple green and just regular hose water pressure to clean it. The fins get bend all the time from crap from the road, like i said you can just bend em back, or if they are too mashed up you can pull that part of the fin off to let air pass through the core again.

Yeah, tried to bend them back but it really didn't work out too well. You think I'm better off removing those spots?

DSM*BOY Jan 13, 2018 09:03 PM

Nice!

splattj Jan 15, 2018 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11797677)

Be careful with Simple Green and Aluminum. If your let it dwell too long, it's very Alkaline and will corrode the Aluminum surface..

Biggiesacks Jan 15, 2018 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by splattj (Post 11797914)
Be careful with Simple Green and Aluminum. If your let it dwell too long, it's very Alkaline and will corrode the Aluminum surface..

thanks for the tip, i usually hit it and spray it off and have never had a problem. I can't say i have ever noticed any etching from using it, but i'll look into other products and see whats out there.

Biggiesacks Jan 15, 2018 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch (Post 11797692)
Yeah, tried to bend them back but it really didn't work out too well. You think I'm better off removing those spots?

yah, if they are smashed air cant get through the core in those spots. Try bending them back, usually i start with a pick and end with the small flat screwdriver. They will either come back or break off on their own.