EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Neutral rev , park rev (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/749789-neutral-rev-park-rev.html)

Sl33p3rEvo Jul 10, 2018 05:12 AM

Neutral rev , park rev

hi guys

Today i just installed a GFB Deceptor Pro II BOV at my mechanic place , when the installation done the mechanic guy start to reving the car up to 6-7k Rpm ( if my eyes not wrong ) nearly 8-9 times , i drove the car 30 minutes before going fo his shop and after a 45 minutes for the installation he starts the car back on and try to rev it .

so my question is it bad to reving the car up to 6-7k Rpm while in neutral ?

My heart drops when he floor it in neutral , but my understanding and i did tested it myself that i coudn’t hear anything from the bov if giving it under 4k rpm in neutral .

Car is stock just basic mods like CBE and Intake !

Thanks for any helps !

ChipperEvo Jul 10, 2018 05:41 AM

if you drove it for 30 minutes and it only sat for 45 mins after that, it probably didn't hurt anything as the car was probably still pretty warm.

Unless he was just sitting there reving the piss out of it, you are fine.

Sl33p3rEvo Jul 10, 2018 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo (Post 11830129)
if you drove it for 30 minutes and it only sat for 45 mins after that, it probably didn't hurt anything as the car was probably still pretty warm.

Unless he was just sitting there reving the piss out of it, you are fine.

So you reckon our car will be fine even reving it to 7k Rpm while in neutral/park ?

EVOX84 Jul 10, 2018 06:44 AM

The car should be fine, if it wasn't, you would hear it. The rev limiter is set to just over 7K to save the motor from over revving past it's safe point.... However, to just rev the car like that is silly and some fan boy crap so I wouldn't do it all the time LOL!! I would let anyone working on your car know that you do not want them revving your car. I had some kid do it to mine at a detail shop and I d*mn near took his head off.

If you want to learn alot about these cars you need to watch the MTR EVO X vids on YouTube. the guy and the shop if from your neck of the woods.

ChipperEvo Jul 10, 2018 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sl33p3rEvo (Post 11830133)

So you reckon our car will be fine even reving it to 7k Rpm while in neutral/park ?

Reving a car in neutral is no different than driving it to redline. Actually probably less stress as the engine is not under load.

DeweyD Jul 10, 2018 07:55 AM

I think the revving issue mainly has to do with people turning their car on cold and then immediately revving it. If it's warm and it's not overrevving it's probably okay, but since there is no point in doing it I would still refrain. It will increase the wear on the motor (even if minor) for no reason.

CaptainCrunch Jul 10, 2018 03:54 PM

If you didn't like it, then why not stop him after the 5th time? If you want to rev it, do it. Get them hot boy points.

LetsGetThisDone Jul 11, 2018 09:24 AM

It didn't hurt anything.