EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   unkown problem evox (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/750354-unkown-problem-evox.html)

Halhajeh Aug 11, 2018 12:20 AM

unkown problem evox

I own an Evox 2014 GSR the car only have 50k miles on it right now. i have done a cam job on the car by a professional guy ( cam type is GSC S2 with springs and retainers) the head got shimmed correctly and everything was done to specs. We went through one problem which was both mivec solenoids which was done by replacing both of the Solenoids. One problem that we arent able to solve is the car keep bogging/ shooting flams on low RPMs but after 3k RPM the car runs perfect, how ever we thought its fueling problems, we put a new whole fuel OEM hosing with a new fuel OEM pump just for test and the car is still acting weird for some reason which we cant figure out. i started to think its the ECU. the car didnt though any codes for whats so ever, any suggestions please ?

Napalm_Enema Aug 11, 2018 06:26 AM

It sounds like you need to refine your tune, not keep replacing hardware. If I were you I'd get someone else to look at your tune and see where you're at. Lot of good places can even work with you remotely - wtftuned.com is a great guy to work with, there are others as well.

Halhajeh Aug 11, 2018 02:01 PM

the car is on a base map, the car runs fine till it heats up then it starts acting up like crazy. any rpm lower than 3k it will bogg/back fire.

Napalm_Enema Aug 11, 2018 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Halhajeh (Post 11834707)
the car is on a base map, the car runs fine till it heats up then it starts acting up like crazy. any rpm lower than 3k it will bogg/back fire.

Still say you need a second set of eyes on the tune. All of that behavior is controlled by a tune, it's really best to start there. While you may have a lot of faith in the guy you are working with, it's worth it to get a second set of eyes on it to ensure you are not just throwing parts at a software problem. You don't even have to tell the guy you're doing it :) But get it checked. There are a lot of awesome e-tuners out there that can help you if you're not local to them.

EVOX84 Aug 16, 2018 12:23 PM

okay here are a few thoughts.....

What intake are you running and does it have a heat shield... This can be caused by hot air temps messing with the MAF at low RPMs/LOW speed. Also if your cooling fans are on and you dont have a heat shield, the turbulent air can also cause these issues...

If you are still running the "pre cam tune" you need to get a new tune...

i did have one friend, who lost a few nuts on his manifold and turbo (dont ask me how b/c he car was stock and no issues until we did an AMS intake) and once we did the intake the car would slug and drop RPMs once it was hot. took it to the dealer to have a new MAF put in and they found the nuts missing....

Also, check and make sure the vacuum line that goes from the fuel pressure regulator and the intake manifold is on still, zip tie that thing if it doesnt have them already.

flip flop your horn relay and your fuel relay in the fuse panel under the hood. They are the same.

When was the last time your changed Spark plugs? had a buddy would was getting nasty knock with new plugs and it turned out that the new Evo X plugs used from i think 2011 on, can cause detention issues... the plugs he had to use to help with this were the http://shop.boostinperformance.com/v...s/clear1x1.gifNGK ILKR8E6 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (Heat Range 8) for Evo X. His Tuner is Devin at Boostin performace........ now the "new evo x plugs" are the NGK DILKR8B6 Laser Iridium Plugs and they caused issues. i run the ILKR8E6 in my Evo and it seems to be smother all the way around.

sorry this is all shopped up but its all the things I can think of that can cause the issue you are talking about. To be honest i think its all going to be fine with a new or refreshed tune but thats just me. Best of luck, let us know what happens

Halhajeh Aug 18, 2018 06:01 PM

UPDATES **
After installing the new OEM fuel Housing with new OEM fuel pump the car ran good without moving. when i rev-up the car i see my AFR gauge goes from 17 to 10 or 9 out of no where and i can hear the injectors going one spark at the time. i bought a new Walbro 450 and installed but its still doing the same. however, i talked to my tuner and tried to tune it remotely and it didn't work. what yall think can cause the car to spark one at the time if there is enough fuel support? can it be one of the resistors on the ECU that got fried ?

Halhajeh Aug 18, 2018 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by EVOX84 (Post 11835222)
okay here are a few thoughts.....

What intake are you running and does it have a heat shield... This can be caused by hot air temps messing with the MAF at low RPMs/LOW speed. Also if your cooling fans are on and you dont have a heat shield, the turbulent air can also cause these issues...

If you are still running the "pre cam tune" you need to get a new tune...

i did have one friend, who lost a few nuts on his manifold and turbo (dont ask me how b/c he car was stock and no issues until we did an AMS intake) and once we did the intake the car would slug and drop RPMs once it was hot. took it to the dealer to have a new MAF put in and they found the nuts missing....

Also, check and make sure the vacuum line that goes from the fuel pressure regulator and the intake manifold is on still, zip tie that thing if it doesnt have them already.

flip flop your horn relay and your fuel relay in the fuse panel under the hood. They are the same.

When was the last time your changed Spark plugs? had a buddy would was getting nasty knock with new plugs and it turned out that the new Evo X plugs used from i think 2011 on, can cause detention issues... the plugs he had to use to help with this were the http://shop.boostinperformance.com/v...s/clear1x1.gifNGK ILKR8E6 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (Heat Range 8) for Evo X. His Tuner is Devin at Boostin performace........ now the "new evo x plugs" are the NGK DILKR8B6 Laser Iridium Plugs and they caused issues. i run the ILKR8E6 in my Evo and it seems to be smother all the way around.

sorry this is all shopped up but its all the things I can think of that can cause the issue you are talking about. To be honest i think its all going to be fine with a new or refreshed tune but thats just me. Best of luck, let us know what happens

BTW the car was tuned on e85 FBO running perfect problems start happening after installing all of that