EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Thinking to get another Evo X (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/752518-thinking-get-another-evo-x.html)

tweakdsm Jan 4, 2019 06:54 AM

Thinking to get another Evo X

I'm looking around :) I want pretty much stock.... I see some 2015s with 15k miles on, but Do i really want 2015 with crappy seats, or just get 2014. with 40k miles..

WillD_EvoX Jan 4, 2019 12:52 PM

I love my 2014 gsr F the 2015

Napalm_Enema Jan 4, 2019 06:52 PM

More miles better seats - they are really THAT bad. 10k to swap them after the fact if you want leather...

RazorLab Jan 6, 2019 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema (Post 11855248)
More miles better seats - they are really THAT bad. 10k to swap them after the fact if you want leather...

Nobody sane pays $10k to get recaros. Come on.

WillD_EvoX Jan 6, 2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab (Post 11855421)

pretty sure he talking about miles. After 10 k they start wearing out

WillD_EvoX Jan 6, 2019 12:42 PM

You can find use ones in pretty good shape for about 5k tho

RazorLab Jan 6, 2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by WillD_EvoX (Post 11855432)

pretty sure he talking about miles. After 10 k they start wearing out

Hmmm, I didn't get that memo I guess.

Napalm_Enema Jan 6, 2019 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab (Post 11855421)

I said if you want leather - as in brand new - good luck finding used leather out there. I was specific, and accurate, and there are people that have paid that to accomplish that very thing.

RazorLab Jan 6, 2019 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema (Post 11855503)
I said if you want leather - as in brand new - good luck finding used leather out there. I was specific, and accurate, and there are people that have paid that to accomplish that very thing.

If anyone want my used leather recaros for $7k, I will _gladly_ let them go for that! That’s redonk.

Napalm_Enema Jan 7, 2019 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab (Post 11855513)

If anyone want my used leather recaros for $7k, I will _gladly_ let them go for that! That’s redonk.

Yeah I about had a heart attack when I priced them new when considering getting back in the EVO game....wtf.

llllBULLSEYE Jan 7, 2019 08:41 AM

I just put Sparco Seats on mine and called it a day. cheaper and Much lighter too.
total weight with rails/bracket. 31 lbs stock was 46lbs and 52lbs

RazorLab Jan 8, 2019 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema (Post 11855503)
good luck finding used leather out there.

Far cry from even $5k... and a lot of options for used leather Recaros. ;)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...247c9faa29.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...e14f40484c.png

Napalm_Enema Jan 9, 2019 05:50 PM

I said brand new, and that's all I said. At the time I last checked like a year or so ago, the market was non existent for leather ones without airbags having deployed and outside of that new was one of the only options - if you wanted leather.

Super good you found some options now a long time later, and something I didn't actively research because last I saw, new was almost the only way to go.

Can you all stop riding my nuts about this already jesus I was very specific - NEW. Go nuts finding used it doesn't make my point or post any less valid because I was talking about NEW.

RazorLab Jan 9, 2019 06:17 PM

Oh hush, you literally stated “good luck finding used leather out there” in your post and the above was in reply to that.

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema (Post 11855980)
I said brand new, and that's all I said. At the time I last checked like a year or so ago, the market was non existent for leather ones without airbags having deployed and outside of that new was one of the only options - if you wanted leather.

Super good you found some options now a long time later, and something I didn't actively research because last I saw, new was almost the only way to go.

Can you all stop riding my nuts about this already jesus I was very specific - NEW. Go nuts finding used it doesn't make my point or post any less valid because I was talking about NEW.

Napalm_Enema Jan 9, 2019 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab (Post 11855984)
Oh hush, you literally stated “good luck finding used leather out there” in your post and the above was in reply to that.

Based on my experience that was the case all I would ever see after a long period of searching was blown out used seats when it came to leather, if you would find any in the first place. Does it mean because a few are available right now that there is some vast ****ing supply? I don't think so, it's lucky there are a few out there big ****ing deal?