EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Catback Exhaust Options in 2019 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/752642-catback-exhaust-options-2019-a.html)

DesertDog57 Jan 11, 2019 09:48 AM

Catback Exhaust Options in 2019

Hi! I am in need of a cat-back exhaust for my evo x. Where is the best place to buy them? There are some cheap Manzo and SRS ones on ebay....then on amazon there is the Spec-D Tuning Dual Catback Muffler Exhaust, the Borla 140285 Cat-Back Exhaust, and the Invidia HS09MEXGRT Racing Single Layer Cat-Back Exhaust. I also found a used AMS single exit Stainless Steel catback exhaust and an Ark Design Titanium catback exhaust near me. All of these options are priced between 300-600 bucks. I would like to get the ETS V2 Catback system but am trying to save some money. I've listened to the sounds of all these exhausts. How would you compare these systems? Thanks in advance!

WillD_EvoX Jan 17, 2019 05:20 PM

Think I got my mind set on a buchur bullet racing exhaust or either a corsa exhaust with the black tips. Just depends on preference I guess.

JDZNate Jan 21, 2019 06:18 PM

Message ETS and see what their price is. They might be able to work with you.

Spinks8824 Jan 21, 2019 07:29 PM

I just put on the ultimate racing catback about a week ago love the sound I'm getting from them. A little loud on throttle, but when cruzing its not much louder than stock, at least in cabin. The catback sits around 700 depending on what options you pick, mine was 900ish with the titanium tips, it could be more if you add the resonator or the mini muffler.

ugakirk Jan 22, 2019 05:37 AM

ETS or AMS is always going to be high quality.

Years ago, I've had Buschur, ARK, and ETS.

Buschur hung very low and would scrape on everything. It sounded AMAZING. That was in 2009 or 2010, so hopefully they corrected that problem/

Ark was very nice and customer service was great. The mid pipe started to crack at the weld spot but they fixed it free of charge.

ETS is what my Evo has on it right now. It sounds awesome. Very well built.

ETS Michael Jan 22, 2019 08:23 AM

We have 3 blem V2 Dual Muffler exhausts in the back I can make a pretty good deal on. Let me know.

- Robert

DesertDog57 Jan 22, 2019 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael (Post 11857743)
We have 3 blem V2 Dual Muffler exhausts in the back I can make a pretty good deal on. Let me know.

- Robert

What is blem? I am very interested in making a deal!

Cristianbltn Jan 22, 2019 08:54 AM

The cheapest, best sounding, 3-inch exhaust in my opinion is the Top Speed Pro 1 exhaust. I think they have a special for it right now for about $550, more or less.

That's what I have on my car and I love it! :headbang:

ugakirk Jan 22, 2019 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by DesertDog57 (Post 11857744)
What is blem? I am very interested in making a deal!

Blemished. Must be scratched or something.

ugakirk Jan 22, 2019 08:59 AM

- Robert

Any blemished V2 Quiet mufflers? Lol. I have the V2 and love it. My wife wouldn't mind if was a little bit tamer.

ETS Michael Jan 22, 2019 09:10 AM

Yep, minor scratches in the muffler. Its an exhaust though so it will look worse in about 50 miles than any blem. lol

We just have the dual mufflers. No quiets. We have an extreme if you want to go the other way with it. :)

- Robert

blingbling1384 Jan 28, 2019 12:04 PM

+1 for ETS. Great quality. Ran the V2 Quiet until I sold my car. Loved it!

RevMaynard Jan 31, 2019 08:36 AM

- Robert

Hey Michael, I'm very interested and would take a HFC with it. Message me with details on the blems, need shipped to Toronto Canada.

Cheers
Stephen

oz32 Aug 7, 2019 11:53 AM

Hey Michael I'll be sending you a PM regarding a Dual M V3 I bought a couple months back. it sounds amazing, and fitted nicely to the 3 in Manzo TP im running.
To the OP. Go ETS. The dual tips in the back look really nice. My one of friends is running the HKS Hi power and another friend is running Manzo 3 inch. This may be biased but I'm glad I went Ets, it makes their exhaust tips look ummmm lacking. I'll try to post a picture for comparison.

bmxhotsauce Sep 5, 2019 04:36 PM

i have a single exit Greddy RS race if you are interested. Let me know. also have a catless test pipe if needed as well.