EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   What’s Going on with Driven Fab??? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/753900-whatis-going-driven-fab.html)

MARQ Apr 8, 2019 06:59 PM

What’s Going on with Driven Fab???

Ordered their X firewall and cam sensor shields in January. It’s mid-April and no product. I’m also getting very rare communication via messenger/email (maybe a reply once a month), and never answer their phones. All I want is a good update! Is this typical? Their products look awesome, but dang if only they could deliver. 😔

staywide8 Apr 9, 2019 04:18 AM

Normal. Good company with not enough people. Hit up Ryan Wilber on facebook. He's the owner, and will respond.

MARQ Apr 9, 2019 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by staywide8 (Post 11867929)
Normal. Good company with not enough people. Hit up Ryan Wilber on facebook. He's the owner, and will respond.

Thanks!

LetsGetThisDone Apr 9, 2019 10:11 AM

I wouldn't say its normal to wait 3-4 months (or possibly longer) to get a few pieces of bent up metal with holes drilled in them.

AJV Apr 9, 2019 10:36 AM

I bought the heatshield kit from WTF tuned. They were back ordered on fabrication and man power. However they kept me in the loop with updates. It ended up taking them about 8 weeks to fab. I'm okay with waiting as long as i'm in the know.

MARQ Apr 9, 2019 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by AJV (Post 11867970)
I bought the heatshield kit from WTF tuned. They were back ordered on fabrication and man power. However they kept me in the loop with updates. It ended up taking them about 8 weeks to fab. I'm okay with waiting as long as i'm in the know.

Exactly.

heel2toe Apr 9, 2019 11:44 AM

Similar experience on my end with DF sadly. Their work is pretty solid and I do believe deep down Ryan is a good person who means well. That being said as a business they kinda suck. Its sad bc you see this all the time in the trades where the folks are capable of good work but do not know how to run a business. If you are that busy sorry but learn to scale your business and hire more help. Good help hard to find? Sure nobody said owning a business is easy. And if you don't care to hire more help then provide honest timelines and turn away work if there is too much backlog or once again be honest with the timeline and stick to it.

staywide8 Apr 10, 2019 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11867965)
I wouldn't say its normal to wait 3-4 months (or possibly longer) to get a few pieces of bent up metal with holes drilled in them.

Normal for them, not for everyone else. Again, you'll get your stuff, just who knows how long it'll take.

splattj Apr 12, 2019 08:02 AM

And normal doesn't mean good either. I've worked with a lot of 1-3 person businesses and the majority of them are successful enough to be backlogged and not communicative but not successful enough to hire someone to do CRM / orders full time. It's a real challenge.
The irony is, if they were better about communications and delivering orders on time, they'd have more business and make more sales and be able to afford the resource that would support the demand. It's really hard for someone who might not be able to pay their mortgage or car payment when they have a bad month to take that leap of faith and to hire someone before they can afford them.