Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: ETS Intake and ETS UICP Detailed Install Guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by evoxsteez
Would it cause any problems to leave it how it is in the picture above? Eventually I would bolt it up correctly, when I get a chance. I'm assuming a lot of people have it installed like the picture above.
I don't see why it would as long as you have no air leaks. Mine is pretty much solid and not going anywhere. I'll still install it properly (didnt have time this evening) though.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

So I took the air filter off to install the heat shield properly and found another possible issue.

The bracket you want us to take off holds the lower intercooler pipe to the body of the car.

ETS: Will the lower intercooler pipe be okay not braced by this mount?

Name:  20151205_152230_zps0luv7xxi.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  224.1 KB

I did mate the heat shield to the spot you want us to mount it and it does fit. The entire intake will mount lower because of this and the filter should point downwards a little more, probably drawing in some cooler air.

I didn't complete the install as I am a little concerned of the lower intercooler mount being removed :|

Last edited by .Adam; Dec 5, 2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 01:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
That doesn't seem right unless this is a completely new shield. I never had to unmount my LICP
Old Dec 5, 2015, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

The mount is one piece. I have a Canadian 2008 gsr.

Basically if I want to take that bracket off I have to unbolt that mount that you see in the pic. That aluminum piece with the rubber bushing is attached to the lower intercooler pipe.

The backed does look like a two piece but I'm pretty sure they are welded together.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by .Adam
The mount is one piece. I have a Canadian 2008 gsr.

Basically if I want to take that bracket off I have to unbolt that mount that you see in the pic. That aluminum piece with the rubber bushing is attached to the lower intercooler pipe.

The backed does look like a two piece but I'm pretty sure they are welded together.
So after getting irritated with my intake rubbing the terminal. I found this thread and contacted the folks at ETS directly about this bracket. The said to remove the whole bracket and install the heat shield on the frame rail. When I did this the intake clears the positive terminal and fitment is better; it is a tight fit to get it in there though so be patient/careful.

It is cool to remove the bracket even though it is attached to the stock LICP. If you think about it, the stock LICP has a second secure point under the bumper which should sufficiently secure the LICP. If you look at the design of aftermarket LICPs; they do not use the bracket and are only secured under the bumper.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

I recently checked my intake and yea its rubbing the plastic right off the battery terminal vocer lol.

It's been cold here and I don't have a heated garage (Yet) so I've been lazy with reinstalling the intke :|

I'll most likely wait till spring as there is no harm with keeping it installed this way other than wearing down that terminal cover but it's not that bad.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 06:11 AM

Yea,the wear is pretty minor from rubbing. The good news is once you get around to fixing it the job is easy and won't take long.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this the case when running an ETS turbo kit and 3.5" intake? I ask as intake fitment just does not seem correct and the shield was a PITA to get it aligned enough to somewhat fit. I dont think the bottom bolt hole is even close to anything to secure to the frame, is there a different shield for stock turbo intakes and turbo kit with 3.5" MAF intakes? I have all ETS parts (turbo kit, lower ic piping, 3.5"MAF intake, etc).

Also does the supplied curved blow off valve hose go to the intake or come from the lower intercooler piping? Some pictures would be very helpful.

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
I see what's going on and I can't believe I missed it on the original thread. The heat shield needs to mount directly on the frame rail. I can't recall if it's the first or second hole, but the heat shield will definitely line up to one of them.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited by itzwolf; Jan 17, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Can you send pictures of fitment to sales@extremeturbosystems.com ? We can look at them and advise on fitment.

The supplied 30* bending hose should go from the lower intercooler pipe to the bottom of the BOV.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Email sent!

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Can you send pictures of fitment to sales@extremeturbosystems.com ? We can look at them and advise on fitment.

The supplied 30* bending hose should go from the lower intercooler pipe to the bottom of the BOV.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:33 AM

This write up made the instillation a breeze for me. Nice write up!
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:42 PM

Nice guide brother!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

So it was finally warm enough to reinstall the intake to the proper mounting location Michael from ETS identified above. The filter now sits lower and pointed downwards towards the headlight. The other thing is the stainless pipe doesn't rub against the battery terminal cover

Name:  20160326_173141_zpsqfsuy1pw.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  180.4 KB
Old Apr 3, 2016, 05:07 PM

Nice write up, thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Photos are not visible I just see that the photobucket account needs to be upgraded to enable third party hosting. I can't find a how to on this subject anywhere else. Any help?

Quick Reply: HOW TO: ETS Intake and ETS UICP Detailed Install Guide