Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to: Install aluminium Ralliart parking grip handle

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Post How to: Install aluminium Ralliart parking grip handle

^As I previously asked, migs647 and Veronica have kindly informed me that the Ralliart parking brake grip/handle can fit the Evo just like the Evo version (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...fit-evo-x.html). The correct part number for LHD Evo is MZ360283EX.

^I actually quite like the full aluminium look of the Ralliart brake handle. It's minimalistic in design and looks high quality in person. It's also quite a bit cheaper than the Evo handle. Dealer quoted me C$281 shipped for the Ralliart version (MZ360283EX) and C$552 shipped for the Evo version. The OEM part includes detailed instruction sheets.

^The factory instruction calls for heating up the stock plastic handle before pulling it out. I actually had no problems pulling it out without heating it at all. A plier is all you need. If any confusion, watch this video:

^After removal of the plastic handle, there is actually no glue left on the slit. Perfect for a clean installation.

^Included in the box, there are a pair of hex key wrenches and a pair of setscrews. The 2mm hex key wrench is for the M4x5 setscrew, which is for the rear hole. The 1.5mm hex key wrench is for the M3x5 setscrew, which is for the front hole. You have to be extremely careful when dealing with these small parts. If you lose one, you will have a very sad day.

^You need to have the steady hands of a neurosurgeon to screw in these setscrews. The factory instruction recommends screwing them in after the brake handle is in position, which is a really bad idea. The hex key wrenches are not magnetic and you can easily lose a setscrew if you do that. I, instead, brought everything to the trunk, which is an ideal semi-closed workspace, to screw both setscrews half way in, and found this way works the best.

^There is some sort of glue-like liner on the setscrews, supposed a way of Japanese over-engineering to make sure the setscrews don't ever come loose. You can see this as the blueish material in the above picture. This material makes the setscrews really, really tight, and I have to screw-unscrew them several times to get them in. I find it the most ideal if I can barely feel the tips of the setscrews inside the barrel with my little finger. In this way, the Ralliart handle can easily slide on and the setscrews are tight enough that they won't come out and bounce out of your sight.

^After setscrews are in place, simple slide on the Ralliart handle, make sure it's at the correct angle, and then tighten both setscrews (factory instruction recommends rear first). They are very tight, so I used a plier for tightening.

^World peace is achieved.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it replace the button? Mine is pealing.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin
Does it replace the button? Mine is pealing.
No, it does not replace the button. You'll have the buy another OEM button and replace the peeling one to fix.