Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO Video - Cobb Stage 4 Kit (Turbo, Exhaust, Fuel Pump, Injectors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 08:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
HOW TO Video - Cobb Stage 4 Kit (Turbo, Exhaust, Fuel Pump, Injectors)

Finally got the time to put this video together. After getting the suspension sorted on the car, it needed some actual power. To break it down, the kit includes:

MHI TS06/07-18K Turbo
Cobb Turboback Exhaust
AEM Fuel Pump
ID 1300cc Stainless Injectors
Turbo Inlet pipe (the 18K is a little larger)

It also comes with their hard pipe kit, intake and intercooler. I already had these parts from AEM, so I excluded them from the kit.

Here's the quick takeaway. Everything was super easy except for the turbo swap. Of course, that's the hardest part to get in the video, and as everything is so tight down there, I opted for a more holistic explanation of that part, rather than a bunch of tight, dark shots of 12 and 14mm bolts turning. I would really recommend using a lift if you're going to swap your own turbo, but it's definitely possible to do it on jackstands if you're patient and organized.

Hope this is helpful, there are timestamps in the YouTube link if you want to jump ahead to any particular part.