Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO VIDEO - Super Detailed Evo X Twin Disc Clutch and CMC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 01:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
HOW TO VIDEO - Super Detailed Evo X Twin Disc Clutch and CMC

Recently upgraded to the Exedy Twin Organic Disc Clutch on my car and documented the entire process in exhaustive detail. We were fortunate enough to get to drive out to the Exedy factory outside of Detroit to do the install as I was the first customer for this new clutch (which absolutely rocks btw - impressions in the Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain section).

Some takeaways. It's tight in there. If I were doing this again, I would have dropped the subframe. There was definitely some wrestling getting the trans in and out. The rest was all pretty easy, there's just a lot of steps to keep track of. If you went ahead and dropped the subframe, I don't see any reason why you couldn't do the job on jackstands. We did have a lift to use, but it's not a dealbreaker, you'll just work at it more. Also, don't try to muscle the trans back in. You will break stuff and probably end up doing the job again (you don't want to do it twice in a row).

So yeah, here's our insanely comprehensive video on this. Hit me up if you've got any questions!