Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Slider position sensor removal on 2015 Lancer seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Slider position sensor removal on 2015 Lancer seats

So this is an addition to http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=250426

It's not really clear there how to remove the sensor,and the Lancer seats might be a bit different than the older Recaros as this doesn't require the removal of the rails or any torx bits. Only a philips head. It still took me some fumbling around so figure I'll save people some time.

Start off by removing the plastic clips holding the front of the harness and the wire. This is easy enough. You might have to pull off the plastic clips holding the fabric cover.

The sensor itself is at the rear right corner of the driver seat. Behind this plastic cover:

Slider position sensor removal on 2015 Lancer seats-b5nlvgl.jpg

There's only one screw holding the cover in place, pictured on the lower right. Get an angled philips, or a bit with a wrench or key on it, and unscrew, then hit the plastic to the side to unhook it from the metal prong thing that you can see on the lower left:

Slider position sensor removal on 2015 Lancer seats-ctyfafa.jpg

The sensor itself is mounted on a metal bracket:

Slider position sensor removal on 2015 Lancer seats-g1qimch.jpg

Just press the black tab towards the gray housing and pull away from the bracket, it should pop off:

Slider position sensor removal on 2015 Lancer seats-t0arjwk.jpg

The sensor works by sensing metal in its proximity. The side that is the sensor is opposite the one with white lettering and Mitsubishi logo. This is what happens when you move the seat forward:

Slider position sensor removal on 2015 Lancer seats-tiot49o.gif

I plan on just zip tying it to the side of my Recaro Speed as I have an airbag error now, even with the 3.3 ohm resistor in the yellow connector.
The following users liked this post:
evo 1768 (Apr 13, 2018)
Old Apr 4, 2018, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I just plugged this into the car's connector and left it loose on the floor and the airbag error went away, so you'll want this sensor when swapping seats.

I didn't see any difference in resistance in different seating positions so I don't think you can do the same resistor trick that you can with the airbag sensor.