EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X How Tos / Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-how-tos-installations-260/)
-   -   How do I connect an iPod (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-how-tos-installations/573441-how-do-i-connect-ipod.html)

Loz114 Sep 7, 2011 11:44 AM

How do I connect an iPod

I have just got a brand new evo x Fq-300 SST. It's come with the multi communication system, how can I, if possible, connect my iPod to it?? USB or what???

thisisagame24 Sep 7, 2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Loz114 (Post 9588077)
I have just got a brand new evo x Fq-300 SST. It's come with the multi communication system, how can I, if possible, connect my iPod to it?? USB or what???

if its a 2011 it should have a usb slot in the glove box

bmxking45 Sep 7, 2011 04:39 PM

I am picking up my 2010 eve x mr touring this weekend and I was wondering the same thing is the same true for me?

Devgamer Sep 7, 2011 05:08 PM

using the usb slot for the ipod is incredibly unreliable at least for my iphone 4. I've found that using the bluetooth function for music out of it works really well, its just very slow on song switching.

What I ended up doing instead was buy a couple 8 gig usb memory sticks and plug those into my glovebox. Works perfectly, and fast.

Sev Sep 7, 2011 08:59 PM

I can't stand the USB...the in-dash song switching incredibly gay and distracting, not only that sometimes it won't switch the song for you at all, it'll replay what you're currently listening to. Only reason I use it is because of the superior sound quality over the AUX.

aznnightkidz Sep 7, 2011 09:05 PM

i couldnt connect through the usb it kept saying iconnect iretry dont seem to know whats the problem but the bluetooth works flawlessly.

bmxking45 Sep 8, 2011 05:17 PM

Well that's not very reassuring!

Wrex1977 Sep 8, 2011 06:06 PM

do you guys have the RCA jacks? if so go to radio shack and buy a $3 dollar cable and plug in that way.

bmxking45 Sep 10, 2011 08:47 PM

I don't think That I have the USB in the glovebox. I do however have the RCA input and I suppose I will just hook it up that way. The only problem is with doing it like that I can't charge my phone at the same time!

Loz114 Sep 11, 2011 05:59 AM

I've checked my glove box and can't find a USB port!?! Is it well hidden or some thing? What's a RCA import?

Alpha X Sep 11, 2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Loz114 (Post 9596009)
I've checked my glove box and can't find a USB port!?! Is it well hidden or some thing? What's a RCA import?

My RCA jack is right near the cigarette lighter... check the owners manual, that will tell you exactly where yours is located

jazket Sep 11, 2011 10:55 AM

if you have a 2011 with sight and sound and navi it has an USB port inside the glove box, towards the left (driver side in your case) upper corner.. It should also come with Bluetooth, I have my iPhone paired to the car's Bluetooth and I think it works much better than the darned USB port

migs647 Sep 12, 2011 07:00 AM

Yah bluetooth definitely works better.. but bluetooth downgrades the bitrate to work over bluetooth. So if you like high quality audio files, forget about it with bluetooth.

There has been an update released... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-firmware.html

It doesn't work the greatest still but works a lot better than before. I applied the update and clearly saw :mitsu: wasn't going to take this seriously. I replaced my entire system soon after.

dyss. Sep 12, 2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by jazket (Post 9596364)
if you have a 2011 with sight and sound and navi it has an USB port inside the glove box, towards the left (driver side in your case) upper corner.. It should also come with Bluetooth, I have my iPhone paired to the car's Bluetooth and I think it works much better than the darned USB port

Only problem i've noticed with the BT for music, is you lose A LOT of sound quality.

just me though.

Sev Sep 13, 2011 08:38 AM

The best sound quality by far is the USB via glovebox. Everything else is degraded.