Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Do you guys think the WW looks better with Aero or Without?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys think the WW looks better with Aero or Without?

I'm kind of torn between the two. On one hand, the Aero kit costs 1,000+ more, and it certainly makes the car look more aggressive at many angles. On the other hand, I don't want to have the Aero kit get in the way if I plan to lower, and I'm not exactly sold on how it looks at the front. I think it kind of messes with the contrast of white and black on the front.

What do you guys think
?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

without! you are only getting the lip and the rear spat pieces anyway.. might as well get something else more 'personalize'
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Both look good, but I prefer without. It really does make the car look totally different from the front though!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:50 PM

wiht out gets my vote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:53 PM

Aero package gives the car a more aggressive stance in my opinion because it's the front lip, wider side skirts, and the rear spat pieces. I have it on my car...my friend's Evo doesn't have it and the package is definitely an attention grabber over just a stock front bumper.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dr1fter
Aero package gives the car a more aggressive stance in my opinion because it's the front lip, wider side skirts, and the rear spat pieces. I have it on my car...my friend's Evo doesn't have it and the package is definitely an attention grabber over just a stock front bumper.
+ 1
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to think the X looked too plain without the Aero pack, but now I hold an opposite view. I think what killed the Aero look for me is the way the front lip is angled up like someone hit a parking curb & jacked it up.. It almost looks like the minute you get going fast that thing will rip off & come flying over the car! ..or under it. Dare I say it almost looks...wait for it... ricey? Like a cheap eBay lip that just doesn't fit quite right. This one's not white, but I think you just can't beat the mean look of a non-aero X:
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys think the WW looks better with Aero or Without?-mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x_by_alvindeux.jpg  
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr1fter
Dead on. Im the only guy in my area with the aero kit minus the wing. My car always grab the attention when me and the other guys are out at meets. Im glad I got mine.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

My WW does not have the aero kit, but I prefer the look with the kit.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have gotten one with on my 11 but wanted the Nav and SS. They did not have one in my area and I didn't see it as a deal breaker. Had it on the 08 X and had to modify the side skirts from popping off. Front lip does look good with!!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

I had the kit on mine and took it off. The front rubber peice is a PITA, the side skirts IMHO take away from the shape of the car making it look too squared off. There are a few cars here with very aggressive wheels that have pulled it off but prefer some of the aftermarket carbon lips and sides.