Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

It's been a long road crazy EVO peoples....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been a long road crazy EVO peoples....

So, I originally joined a while back, had the EVO IX:
Had fun with cosmetic upgrades....

And had fun at the track (pueblo motorsports park)

friends even had fun in my car....

and then moved onto the EVO X..

Got some wheels:

Then moved onto other wheels and mods:

Decided it was time to move onto something else.... Told myself I would never buy another Mitsubishi due to the service and dealerships in the area. Wouldn't buy a Subaru due to treatment when browsing even though I owned one back in 03-04 and loved every minute of it.

Almost pulled the trigger on a 370z, but at Denvers altitude, it just was too slow, without forced induction, but didn't want to have to spend that kind of money right off the bat.

Ended buying a 2011' 135i, couple of basic dealer upgrades andenjoying the car more as each day passes. Still have the trailblazer SS for snowy days, and still have a race bike for days I really want to turn and hit the road courses.

Will still be around browsing and such.... have plans already in the works for this car. But many won't start until the new year. I may not even race motorcycles next year to put a little more money towards this car, we will see.

It's been fun everyone, met some great people, built a ton of good relationships between vendors and individuals.....
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:26 PM

Bye,Enjoy your new car
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The 135's are nice. I had one between evo's that was lightly modded (JB3, intake, IC, springs). The gearing is so much better in those cars and BMW's service was top notch. Enjoy!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:19 PM

Well at least you still have the bike, I don't know much about bmw's just know my brother had a M3 and we got a flat going to Laguna Seca to watch Valentino and co. last year.
Good luck on your new ride.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

I wish i had your job. Congrats.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
How do you like the BMW compared to the Evo?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

JB4!

I still like the look of the evo X better.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats looks like a fun journey.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDZNate
How do you like the BMW compared to the Evo?
It obviously doesn't have the tuning and aftermarket support like the EVO community. BMW's in general get a lot of support, but not the 135i, especially with wheels. But then again, I notice over there, people don't get as crazy with mods/tuning like here and other platforms.

No such thing as wide wheels with aggressive offsets like on an EVO X. Not without huge modifications, the 135i is not the same as the rest. We are talking 36+ offsets for the front with 48+ in the rear.

I do like having the rwd fun/excitement back in my hands. Since going through an STI, and two EVO's, they were a blast, and were very easy to push, but the RWD brings back a different kind of excitement for me....putting most of it into my skilled/unskilled hands instead of electronics and AWD.

I will say, stock for stock, the handling of the 135i..... simply put, does NOT compare to an EVO. Not in any sense. Straight line speed, the 135i is noticeably quicker than the EVO is as well. It's a fun road car, but will need extensive mods to really track prep it in the slightest bit.

The EVO's....hell, drive them straight from the dealer, adjust some tire pressure and go. Talking about road course......not drag strip.

Every car I have had and every bike I have had, theres always been one thing or more that I could pin point that I really liked about the car.....a personality or driving characteristic it had. But not the 135i, I haven't been able to quite pin point what it is that I like so much about the car.....confusing. It's just been fun to get in and drive......

Originally Posted by linjy2
JB4!

I agree'd in the beginning but the pig'gish styling has grown on me now. And it sounds stupid, but I am finally happy with some friggin factory tail lights. Couldn't understand why Mitsu didn't go with L.E.D.'s

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
Congrats looks like a fun journey.
It seemed like it but I picked up a couple of good sponsors for the bike so I am "again" heading back away from cars..... temporarily.

Originally Posted by Turbo1918
I wish i had your job. Congrats.
I went from being a Marine, to sitting inside a cubicle feeling like I am on the movie set of office space.....
Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Cobb has an AP for the 135i look at the gains with just a flash its impressive.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

you do know car's corner faster then bikes right?

have fun.......
Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trick3d
Cobb has an AP for the 135i look at the gains with just a flash its impressive.
Yeah unfortunately I won't do Cobb, ever since I found out they just up and stop supporting certain platforms out of the blue. For the winter, I got so many thins going on with the bike, it'll be a while before I have more time to do anything on the car besides the downpipe I already got last month.

Originally Posted by Montu
you do know car's corner faster then bikes right?

have fun.......
Their (cars) entry speeds are faster..... But I am still significantly faster on two wheels than 4 for stock EVO's vs stock bikes on the same road course.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:53 PM
raz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by linjy2
JB4!

I wanted to get the 1 series M1 but the car is just plain ugly, i just could not see my self in one, plus my 2002 m3 gave me nothing but problems, but my 1997 m3 was and is still the best car i ever owned will never get rid of it, even tough I am laid off from work now
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats, I hope you don't fall into all the stereotypes out there where once you get to the BMW status, you give up on modding and settling down. Same goes for the 350z/G35 guys going to BMW. They all seem to quit and wish they sold the BMW and went back to their roots.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:38 PM

I was looking into the 1 series before I purchased the X. If I went the BMW route, I would choose to keep everything stock...

Quick Reply: It's been a long road crazy EVO peoples....