Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Oh hey fellas, new here, have some pics of my 2013 GSR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You should have went in with an extra 2k and bought a brand new Evo imo, but none the less your car looks sharp and I hope you end up getting exactly what you paid for in regards to those wheels! That's a low ball what they did and to offer only 500..
Old Jan 21, 2015, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to an attorney. They agree I have a solid case under consumer fraud laws here in AZ. The issue obviously is, even if I sue for, say, 3k, I'm out over 2k for my attorney, and that's assuming I win. Worst case, I lose and am sued for their attorney fees. That's a long shot, but Id hate to be in that situation.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Honestly I'd go all in if I were in your situation. False advertising.. It's like going into a LV store and walking out with a counterfeit. Your case holds merit and am pretty sure they would side with you. I would also add that since they did not offer a fair resolution to fix the situation you had no choice, but to take it to court to get things resolved which would usually result in the losing side (Cross fingers that it's them) to pay half or full attorney fee's if the judge feels necessary.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:19 AM

Damn this sucks to read this. I hope they do make it right but $500 as compensation...come on now. That $500 wont even buy you 1 wheel. If I was in your position I would make them pay you the price for a new set.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:00 PM

Well, even if I sue, it doesn't look like I can get my attorney fees covered, at least if I sue under consumer fraud. Breach of contract I could, but the wheels weren't in the contract, they were only in the listing.

So I could spend 2500 for an attorney, only to get maybe 3k for new wheels, and that's if I WIN. Then im right back at 500 bucks, lol

Nobody is making the easy for me either. AutoTrader wont cough up the ad unless I have a court case already in motion requesting the ad to get it, and Ray's wheels website is basically in another language, so getting some kind of documentation form them that my wheels are fake I think will be tough.

Sigh, I should have researched those wheels better and protected myself. F this dealer right up the stink hole. At this point, I think I will waive the 500, and expose this place for what they did. Hit them hard all over the web. They cringed when I said that's what I may have to do if I don't get this handled.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:13 AM

I am settling for $750. I'm not happy about it, but I just don't have the time to file a suit, only to end up with probably less compensation in my hands than what I can get now and save all that trouble.

Lesson learned here. Never take a dealers word, no matter how nice of a shop or knowledgeable the sales people may seem.