Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Taillight tint

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Taillight tint

I was wondering which would be the best and lightest film to use for my rear lights as I felt that they needed to be darkened up a bit. I said screw it and picked some tint and just do it to see how it is. Now just know that I have no experience tinting or the know how. Picked up some Vvivid taillight tint for about $26 shipped which was a good deal in my eyes. This is for the 1' x 5' which was just enough to do the taillights, 3rd brake, and red reflectors on the bumper.

https://vvividshop.com/products/2017...headlight-tint

I chose to have it a light smoke because don't want to increase my chance of getting pulled for fully blacked out. Besides... I like the smoked look much better anyways. The picks make them look a bit darker than they really are, so try to imagine it being just a bit lighter in color. The rough looking surface is supposed to smooth out in a few days and will post updated pics later.

Anyways, tint was fairly simple to apply. Only time I needed a heat gun was around the edges just to make sure it's bonded well and not peel. But even with the little hump around the outer taillights didn't need heat to mold it around. As long as you take your times and very slowly work out the crinkles, it molds itself pretty easily I would have to say. All together took me about an hour and half to do all the lights.

I'll take some better pics later. It was just extremely hot outside and finished it a couple hours ago. Just couldn't deal with the heat anymore. lol. I think was about 95 degrees out today.