Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Varis carbon imperfections

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Varis carbon imperfections

So I just bought a varis hood and it has quite a lot of imperfections.

Apart from a lot of scratches/rough resin, which should come out after it gets clear coated, my biggest issue is that the hood has 6-7 small dimples in the fiber. The resin on top is smooth, but the fiber looks broken underneath. Is this acceptable/unavoidable?

From looking at photos and comments I kind of expected Varis to be the best and have perfect finish so I'm a bit disappointed.

I've attached some pictures, but the reflections and lighting make it pretty hard to see. It's a lot more visible in person, so that may have contributed to my expectations of getting an almost perfect part.

https://imgur.com/a/rRiZci9

Last edited by lapoune; Apr 27, 2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 05:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Waiting on my cf bumper to arrive from varis so cant speak for them yet, but I just got brand new chargespeed carbon side skirts and they had imperfections and scratches as well.

From my experience with any aftermarket carbon fiber stuff regardless of brand, there's always imperfections, which is a shame because as you stated I would expect better from companies such as Varis etc.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 04:49 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
This is disappointing, but a fact of life. Personally, I would be more concerned with the fit, gaps and margins of the panels to the body. I have my very own paint booth, so any carbon parts would be painted to match the body, and also give a more stealthy look.