EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine-261/)
-   -   Painted Engine Parts (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine/394772-painted-engine-parts.html)

SilverEvoX Jan 21, 2009 11:58 PM

Painted Engine Parts

2 Attachment(s)
Just got bored and can't stand the red that comes on the stock plastic manifold cover and also didn't like the red battery connection terminal cover so I decided to paint match it to something closer to my cars color.

First impressions: Looks good, I will get them back on the car tomorrow or the next day and get the engine bay cleaned up to take better pics. It should look really good after I get the carbon fiber radiator shroud cover and polished UICP

accrane Jan 22, 2009 12:47 AM

nice touch. Should look good with a polished UICP but I like the look of the black AMS pipe...would look great with that engine cover.

goofygrin Jan 22, 2009 07:58 AM

Wow that came out pretty well. Things must be pretty slow out there in W. Texas :D

R0ME0 Jan 22, 2009 09:25 AM

pics installed plz!!!

LuDa Jan 22, 2009 09:29 AM

looks very nice....

imo should have left the turbo writing red, you have one. make it known!

Kisada Jan 22, 2009 09:59 AM

how'd you get that little red piece off? lol I've been wanting to paint that thing ... it looks so out of place

SilverEvoX Jan 22, 2009 10:05 AM

Kisada: I didn't remove anything, just used 1" painters tape and taped the whole deal off really well. It's pretty easy just takes a little bit of time laying the tape properly.

I used 2-3 coats of primer then 3 coats of the silver. I'll try to get installed pics this afternoon/evening after class. Thanks for the comments ~Trent

Kisada Jan 22, 2009 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by SilverEvoX (Post 6599734)
Kisada: I didn't remove anything, just used 1" painters tape and taped the whole deal off really well. It's pretty easy just takes a little bit of time laying the tape properly.

I used 2-3 coats of primer then 3 coats of the silver. I'll try to get installed pics this afternoon/evening after class. Thanks for the comments ~Trent

huh? in your picture it totally looks like its off and sitting on a paper towel lol

arbo651 Jan 22, 2009 02:48 PM

Looks good .. I like

ScottSpeed21 Jan 22, 2009 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by SilverEvoX (Post 6599734)

Yeah I think he was talking about the battery terminal cover :p

SilverEvoX Jan 22, 2009 03:27 PM

Ooo, right. Yeah the batt terminal cover just slides up and off with a little pressure/he manning :)

Kisada Jan 22, 2009 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by SilverEvoX (Post 6601144)
Ooo, right. Yeah the batt terminal cover just slides up and off with a little pressure/he manning :)

ooo ... i see ...

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!

I'm gonna get that sucka painted today!

aftershock141 Jan 22, 2009 04:49 PM

lol @ he man