EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine-261/)
-   -   How to remove "Mitsubishi" and "Lancer" emblem on Rear Trunk Lid? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine/467235-how-remove-mitsubishi-lancer-emblem-rear-trunk-lid.html)

Tachyon56 Jan 8, 2010 06:23 AM

How to remove "Mitsubishi" and "Lancer" emblem on Rear Trunk Lid?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,
Was wondering if there were any safe effective ways to remove the emblems on the rear trunk lid without doing any damage to the paint. I would like to leave just the "Evolution" emblem but I wanted to get some feedback before I start any endeavors and screw up my paint. Thanks for any ideas you guys can throw out.
Attachment 293848
Don't worry, I've already taken off the license plate cover.

Silver06evo9mr Jan 8, 2010 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
fishing line, tooth floss, anything like that, then use GOO-Gone to get all the residue off.

Attachment 293847

Tachyon56 Jan 8, 2010 06:33 AM

Thanks Silver,
appreciate the help,as always your car is what inspired mine.

bigric09 Jan 8, 2010 06:34 AM

also it helps if you heat the area up a little bit and what i typically do is spray the emblem with the goo gone type stuff, its like decal remover or something of that nature..... let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes, maybe longer depending on temps. The thing comes off like butter.

xISyKIx Jan 8, 2010 09:25 AM

i asked the same question a couple of months ago. Everyone told me to use goo gone and it worked perfect! just be sure to read the instructions and use water to take the goo completly.

bigric09 Jan 8, 2010 12:40 PM

oh... and wax afterward

EvolNinja Jan 8, 2010 12:43 PM

Are you going to replace "MITSUBISHI" with "HONDA"?:lol:

DRJ1014 Jan 8, 2010 12:44 PM

I would suggest using dental floss... fishing line is heavy and can possibly scratch the paint. Dental floss breaks easy but I would rather spend a little extra time rather than having the chance of scratching the paint.

Googone works wonders, use use a little spray wax after and the next couple of times you wash the car just spend a little extra time on those areas just to make sure all the sticky crap came off

Sleestack Jan 8, 2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by DRJ1014 (Post 7869035)
I would suggest using dental floss... fishing line is heavy and can possibly scratch the paint. Dental floss breaks easy but I would rather spend a little extra time rather than having the chance of scratching the paint.

Googone works wonders, use use a little spray wax after and the next couple of times you wash the car just spend a little extra time on those areas just to make sure all the sticky crap came off

I always use fishing line. Never had a problem with scratching. I was actually going to say don't use dental floss because it breaks too easily.

bigric09 Jan 8, 2010 12:47 PM

The last time i did this i let the decal remover soak for a little bit and the stuff pulled right off like it wasnt even on there to begin with lol

lowkey Jan 8, 2010 08:49 PM

Easiest is a heatgun. Heat it and it pull right off. A little wax and that's it.

bye2u Jan 8, 2010 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by lowkey (Post 7870334)
Easiest is a heatgun. Heat it and it pull right off. A little wax and that's it.

thats what i did.. heat it up with the heatgun then use the dental floss to separate the badges from the boot.. then rub off the excess glue crap left behind from the badges and then use wax over it and done!

evovin Jan 8, 2010 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by lowkey (Post 7870334)

{thumbup}

whoang40 Jan 8, 2010 11:47 PM

If you don't have a heat gun use a hair dryer. I used a hair dryer on emblems I've removed, pull it out with you hand. Then I used WD-40 to get the sticky stuff off, wipe, clean, then wax.

ApexRacer Jan 9, 2010 12:11 AM

yah just use a hair dryer~