EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine-261/)
-   -   California - NorCal Bay Area Evo Owners (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine/737276-california-norcal-bay-area-evo-owners.html)

PriusRepellent Feb 11, 2017 05:27 PM

California - NorCal Bay Area Evo Owners

Wassup Guys

I just moved back from LA to the Bay, and man do I miss SoCal's car scene. It makes the Bay look like sh*t...{thumbdwn} Literally nothing here :crap:

ANYWAYS. Any south/east bay evo owners here? Like San Jose, Fremont, Palo Alto, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, Cupertino, etc?

Love to meetup with some fellow evo owners because I left all my car/evo friends in SoCal when I moved. :(

Shoot me a message and we can talk more over text :thumbup:

DPC16 Feb 11, 2017 09:58 PM

So true! So cal car scene is sick! I literally drove by 2 other evo's today and not so much as a quick glance. Sad! On a positive note the sac evo ownera group on FB is having a meet soon

isaachunyu Feb 12, 2017 12:41 AM

It's rare to see an Evo in Nor Cal{pcfreak}

failure Feb 17, 2017 02:50 PM

I know right? This is Subaru country. I never see Evos around Sac. One white X is it.

PriusRepellent Feb 17, 2017 05:16 PM

See this is what Im talking about.
No Evos up here in NorCal. If anything, there are like 10 scattered across all of Norcal.

Sigh... this is why NorCal fu*king sucks. SO depressing compared to SoCal. Car scene up here is literally nonexistent.

And there are like what, 2 reputable car shops? SpeedElement in San Jose and Trakspec Auto in Fremont? Pathetic. Might as well sell the evo and buy a prius.

isaachunyu Feb 17, 2017 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by PriusRepellent (Post 11712025)
No Evos up here in NorCal. If anything, there are like 10 scattered across all of Norcal.

Sigh... this is why NorCal fu*king sucks. SO depressing compared to SoCal. Car scene up here is literally nonexistent.

And there are like what, 2 reputable car shops? SpeedElement in San Jose and Trakspec Auto in Fremont? Pathetic. Might as well sell the evo and buy a prius.

Gary Bains (BainsTuning), he has a shop in Vallejo.{thumbup}
My experience in FFTEC was also good.{thumbup}

ChrisB Feb 19, 2017 10:46 AM

I swear everyone in NorCal owns a freakin Prius :lol: My wife is from the area and every time we go to visit that's all I see except for 1 Evo 8 that lives down the block.

MARQ Feb 23, 2017 05:29 AM

I just moved away from there to Germany (military) Jan 2015. Had my Evo there from Jan 2010 - I left. We actually had around 8 or 9 Evo X's on Travis AFB, but of course around 200 subarus.

I think in the area as a whole, one of the reasons is that there wasn't many Mitsu dealerships, and even then they only had around 2 X's, and they were super marked up. Jan 2010 Fairfield Mitsu tried to sell me a '10 X for $40K (about 1000 miles on it)...I drove down to So Cal Mitsu and picked up a new '10 w/sss for $32K out the door (7 miles on it). So maybe the prices/availability is why there isn't many in the bay?

Also check out EQ Tuning in Fairfield/Suisun City. Ed is an awesome tuner. :thumbup:

DPC16 Feb 23, 2017 09:39 PM

Still a bunch of us on base marq. More Xs now then back then.

MARQ Mar 7, 2017 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by DPC16 (Post 11714125)
Still a bunch of us on base marq. More Xs now then back then.

Oh snap. Yeah, we had about 6 (4 belonged to 1 shop!) in CES. 1 at dental, 2 at medical, 1 at MPF, and 1 behind the museum.. that I remember.

pinegreen Mar 13, 2017 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by MARQ (Post 11713762)
I think in the area as a whole, one of the reasons is that there wasn't many Mitsu dealerships, and even then they only had around 2 X's, and they were super marked up. Jan 2010 Fairfield Mitsu tried to sell me a '10 X for $40K (about 1000 miles on it)...I drove down to So Cal Mitsu and picked up a new '10 w/sss for $32K out the door (7 miles on it). So maybe the prices/availability is why there isn't many in the bay?

This makes a lot of sense. I was in the market for one back in 2012. The quotes I got from Mitsubishi dealers in Tracy and San Jose were all about $7K to $10K more than what I could get from Southcoast Mitsu down south. Dealers up here were not willing to budge on the price. I came to Capitol Mitsubishi in San Jose after my initial visit with a cashier's check for the downpayment and a quote from Southcoast Mitsu. I asked if they could match I would get the car that day. They said no. I ended up getting my Evo down south.

deylag Mar 22, 2017 09:05 PM

The bay area has a ton of Evo owners. Lets see how many show up to this meet I am hosting.

There is going to be an Evo meet on Friday 3/31/17 starting at 8:30 PM going until 11:30 PM at IN N OUT.

Address:

550 Newhall Dr, San Jose, CA 95110

The event is hosted by me and its up on the Bay Area Evo Owners (BAEO) Facebook group. Its also on the BAEO classifieds.

GRR Apr 29, 2017 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by deylag (Post 11722965)
The bay area has a ton of Evo owners. Lets see how many show up to this meet I am hosting.

There is going to be an Evo meet on Friday 3/31/17 starting at 8:30 PM going until 11:30 PM at IN N OUT.

Address:

The event is hosted by me and its up on the Bay Area Evo Owners (BAEO) Facebook group. Its also on the BAEO classifieds.

Are there any more meets scheduled and locations in the area?

deylag Apr 29, 2017 11:29 AM

Yea last time was a good turnout.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...2f252ff447.jpg

I am trying to figure out what day would be better. Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

deylag Apr 30, 2017 11:13 PM

There is going to be an Evo meet on Friday 5/05/17 starting at 8:30 PM going until 11:30 PM at IN N OUT.

Address:

The event is hosted by me and its up on the Bay Area Evo Owners (BAEO) Facebook group.