Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Spring Rate Chart for Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Stance changed their spring rate on GR+ from 10k/10k to 10k/9k, just FYI
Cool, I'll update the chart!

Chris, are you still liking your Eibachs compared to stock? Any plans on going to a coilover setup? Any loss of performance or bouncing with that initial softer spring rate? Thanks again for the great info.
For being only lowering springs I've found they are quite good compared to when I installed just lowering springs on my 96 Eclipse GSX. This is likely due to the fact that the stock suspension and shocks are much better than those Eclipse parts back in the day. The Eibachs are predictable on the roadcourse and the slightly more compliant initial spring rate seems fine for street driving. I'm going to upgrade 275/30-19 tires on 19x9.5" wheels and see how the overall package feels before deciding on coilovers, so far for my needs the car already handles quite good and is very forgiving. Getting a stiffer rear antiroll bar in the back also seemed to balance the car to a more neutral state over the slight understear the car had stock.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why does the eibach's have a range of rates?
does it mean available special order?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

They have a Progressive Spring Rate so initial spring rate for small bumps is actually less than stock and as it compresses it will feel stiffer.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

I believe I found the rear spring rate for the X MR here: http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/333415.aspx (post 339863?)

Of course we rated the OEM rear springs (some goofy tapered/progressive Eibach spring). It was variable rate 160-215 #/in...
So, that would be ~2.86-3.84 (rear)

Maybe someone wants to double check & add to the OP?

Last edited by kidneythief13; Feb 23, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hiboost, could you also add to your list the various adjustability levels to each coilover design, ie; Single adjustable (rebond only), Single dual adjustable (compression and rebound adjusted together with one knob), Dual (compression and rebound adjusted independently), Triple (compression high and low and rebound)
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

I'll see if I can sort out the info tomorrow, any missing bits I'll call out and see what others can find. :P
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

For roads in decent condition they are actually slightly softer riding than stock or the same. If you visit extreme pot holes or speed bumps you will definitely feel the stiffer side of them though. The progressive nature of them means they really only have higher than stock springs rates when doing extreme cornering or hitting sharp bumps in the road.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hassan!
Hi I have EVO X GSR, And I want to change springs, Which Springs do you hugest me?
We have really bad roads here and i just want to feel little bet more sporty but not lowering down so much, So which one should i go with?
Cobb ........................... 3.8 kg* .......... 3.1 - 4.1 kg* ........ 1.3" / 1.4"
Eibach Pro ................ 2.6 - 4.9 kg ...... 1.8 - 4.8 kg .......... 1.2" / 1.0"
Swift Sport Mach ...... 2.7 - 4.3 kg ...... 2.3 - 4.4 kg .......... 1.0" / 0.6"

Beside spring do i have to install anything else?!
Sorry new to this stuff
I went with the Eibach but they are at the limits for the amount of drop and are about as stiff as you would want to go with the stock shocks. I even had to trim the front rubber lip on my Aero kit because I was scraping it on everything. If you don't want as much drop the Swift Sport Mach seem like a really good bet to me.
Old May 2, 2009, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning everyone, I read through the whole thread but I'm still unclear as to why some lowering springs for example:

Works .9" .................... 3.8 kg* .......... 3.2 - 4.3 kg* ........ 0.9" / 0.9"

have a broad range (3.2 - 4.3 kg*) of rate? How come it's not a set rate like the front for instance?
Old May 2, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ the ones with ranges are progressive spring rates, meaning they get stiffer the more that they're compressed
Old Oct 24, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Did a few updates, if anyone has new springs or coilovers to add to the list let us know. If there is more info I should be adding to the charts it's just a matter of getting the data for all the products.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

The Eibach coilover springsrates seem to be off according to GTWorx and his add in the vendor section.

Unless ofcourse, GTworx is offering their own rates.

EDIT:

I called Eibach to ask about their ProStreet coilover setup and the front spring rate is 350 and the rear has NOT been developed yet.

Last edited by BigT; Dec 10, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigT
The Eibach coilover springsrates seem to be off according to GTWorx and his add in the vendor section.

Unless ofcourse, GTworx is offering their own rates.

EDIT:

I called Eibach to ask about their ProStreet coilover setup and the front spring rate is 350 and the rear has NOT been developed yet.
So around a 6.3 kg front spring rate and likely similar or slightly lower in the rear?

I guess we will have to wait for final stats.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Ok I spent some time doing a bit more research and found a good 5-6 more coilover setups available for the Evo X. If anyone knows of others including the high end setups feel free to post or PM me the details and I'll update the list. Some of the stats are still foggy such as height adjustment range and damping adjustments type but it should still give you a good start on what setups are out there.

Street price ranges are bound to change often so use those as a loose guide only to get an idea if they will fit into your budget. As is often the case, you get what you pay for!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

I just got off the phone with H&R USA and they said they don't release any spring rate numbers for the Sport Springs line. However, she said they are at least 20 to 25% stiffer than stock.

Quick Reply: Spring Rate Chart for Evo X